This page has moved to a new address.

case study challenge 87

lime doodle: case study challenge 87

19 April 2012

case study challenge 87

 Yey, it's CASE study time! As we continue with our April muse, here is this weeks wonderful inspiration from Laurie.


I was really taken with this card and I mean REALLY taken! I love the striped background, bold sentiment and pop of colour. I sort of went with those things and then got side tracked slightly LOL! Here's my card.



 
Supplies: Stamps - Papertrey Ink big birthday wishes; Ink - Hero Arts shadow ink wet cement; Paper - Studio Calico abroad collection pad; Chipboard - SEI chiplets playday, Making Memories just chillin'

I like the neutral stripes of this background paper, so started there and then wanted to go with the bold chipboard sentiment. I grabbed my stash of chipboard and while rooting around in there came across this wonderful "&" and the brackets which mirrored those that Laurie had used. Then I played around with my shapes and a sentiment to go along with it. It's nice to make a dent in my chipboard stash, if only a little dent! The owl is from a Making Memories set which I got forever ago. I keep thinking I should clear out stuff I haven't used in ages and then I do something like this and it seems it was OK to keep hold of half a pack of chipboard from years ago!

Want more inspiration? Check out these lovelies:

Amy Wanford
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes - me!
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa):Owner
Jean Martin

Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams

Teresa Kline

I hope you get the chance to play along this week :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 19 April 2012 at 15:14 , Blogger Lucky Girl Paper Arts said...

These are two very adorable cards...I just love anything with owls. :)

 
At 19 April 2012 at 15:53 , Blogger Christina said...

Love the way you were inspired to use your chipboard shapes! I should try to reduce my stash of them, too. That patterned paper is fantastic, too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home