This page has moved to a new address.

Thinking of you

lime doodle: Thinking of you

30 April 2011

Thinking of you


Unfortunately I didn't have any sympathy/thinking of you cards left in my basket at home and even worse is that I think I'm going to need one soon :( So I set out to make a suitable card and turned to the fabulous inspiration of Teneale. I am always amazed at Teneale's creations - the depth and layering of stamping is beyond words. Not only that but she finishes the inside of her cards as beautifully as the front. For my card I was actually inspired by the inside of this card. I kept the colours muted and not too dark. That may seem odd, but sometimes I think dark sympathy cards can be depressing in themselves.



Debby

Supplies:

Stamps - PTI life, through the trees, text style
Inks - PTI chai, chamomile
Paper - SU
Twine

10 Comments:

At 30 April 2011 at 07:32 , Blogger Lisa Lara said...

What a beautiful monochromatic card.

 
At 30 April 2011 at 07:53 , Blogger Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Debby,

Such a pretty and stylish card! It's sad when we need cards like these and they should be elegant, but I totally agree with you that they shouldn't have to be depressive. The people who you send it to need some cheering up as well and the sight of beauty and elegance, like in this card, always make people smile. Very pretty card!

Hugs, Wendy

 
At 30 April 2011 at 10:57 , Blogger Elena said...

I'm sorry you'll be needing a sympathy card soon, but this one is beautiful and so elegant. I'm sure it will be an encouragement to the receiver!

 
At 30 April 2011 at 12:52 , Blogger Kara said...

very very pretty....love this mono color scheme!!

 
At 30 April 2011 at 13:19 , Blogger Jen W. said...

Sorry you might have to use it but it is beautiful.

 
At 30 April 2011 at 16:13 , Blogger Keva said...

Debby, this is so beautiful. I really actually love muted colors on sympathy cards. It's very classy. This makes me want to get out my Larger than Life set! Really pretty!

 
At 30 April 2011 at 16:26 , Blogger Lindsay said...

This is perfect Debby! the colors are serene and not to depressing. It is perfect. So sorry that it is necessary...

 
At 1 May 2011 at 01:49 , Blogger Christine Blain said...

Absolutely beautiful, and perfect for a sympathy card.

 
At 1 May 2011 at 03:32 , Blogger Unknown said...

this is a beautiful sympathy card!

 
At 3 May 2011 at 14:16 , Blogger Jen Carter said...

Oh my this is gorgeous! I love the monochromatic look! Very, very pretty!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home