This page has moved to a new address.

For Your Inspiration #8

lime doodle: For Your Inspiration #8

16 June 2011

For Your Inspiration #8

I'm not sure where the time is going at the moment! I suppose the end of term is a busy time with concerts, sports days and final to do lists before we break up. I've not even had the time to photograph some of the things I've been making and giving out as end of year thank you gifts! Although due to a lack of time there have been a lot of gift cards in little seed packet holders similar to these. However, today I do get to show you something as it's time for the next installment of fun from For Your Inspiration! 


When I first saw this photograph I was drawn to so many aspects of the image. The texture of the cliffs, the flow of the water and the shapes of the foreground rocks. I thought of the water flowing over the pattern of moss covered rocks as I made this card.


I used the circle image from Papertrey Ink's grunge me set to represent the rocks and tried to give the impression of them flowing across the page.


A simple popped up sentiment and bingo a card for my husband to give to his Dad on Father's Day (19 June in the UK).

Have a look at the other designers great ideas for this fab photo:

And then why not join in the fun with us!

Debby

Supplies:

Stamps - PTI grunge me, trajan monogram
Inks - American Crafts leaf, Versafine spanish moss, Versacolor polar blue
Card - PTI ripe avocado, ocean tides
Dies - PTI skater dude

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 16 June 2011 at 08:24 , Blogger Kate Lewis said...

Hi Debby - I love your take on the photo, what a fab card - I need that set now!! hugs Kate x

 
At 16 June 2011 at 10:58 , Blogger Jen W. said...

Awesome! You totally captured the flow you were going for. :)

 
At 16 June 2011 at 13:05 , Blogger Keva said...

Debby, this is SO cool. I love how you were inspired by the photo.

 
At 16 June 2011 at 15:23 , Blogger Lindsay said...

Awesome masculine card Debbie! I love the colors!

 
At 16 June 2011 at 17:10 , Blogger Leigh Penner said...

What a great card! I love how you used the Grunge Me set! Very eye-catching!

 
At 17 June 2011 at 01:30 , Blogger Sara Mac said...

Debby, I love your take on the photo! Genius! Great use of those grungy circles too.

 
At 17 June 2011 at 02:17 , Blogger Jen Adcock said...

Oh wow! I love this. I have yet to use my set. Just didn't feel inspired...well, that was until now. Great inspiration photo. Love how it translates so wonderfully to your card. Fabby!

 
At 17 June 2011 at 02:59 , Blogger Valerie said...

Brilliant graphic interpretation, Debby! Love your work!!

 
At 17 June 2011 at 12:23 , Blogger StephC said...

Again, I love your CAS style! You've done a fabulous job with this weeks inspiration photo. Love it!

 
At 21 June 2011 at 14:19 , Blogger DF said...

Lovely card!

 
At 24 June 2011 at 15:07 , Blogger Lovestampin said...

Lovely Father's day card. Are the Papertrey stamps sent to you from the States? I do like some of their things but haven't found any in the UK. Lizzie

 
At 28 June 2011 at 00:52 , Blogger Wanda Cullen said...

I'm so behind on commenting on this challenge, but wanted to let you know I think this is a fabulous interpretation of Steph's photo! I love the simple, contemporary look you gave this card!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home