This page has moved to a new address.

case study challenge 64

lime doodle: case study challenge 64

3 November 2011

case study challenge 64

The start of a new month means a new muse at CASE study challenge and I'm delighted to say we have the amazing Kryssi Ng to delight us this month! I love Kryssi's style - modern, edgy CAS and to start the ball rolling we have this lovely to CASE.


I was inspired by the die cut negative, inked background and corner floral image and came up with this.

Supplies: Stamps - Waltzingmouse Stamps big bloom poinsettia; Inks - Distress Inks peeled paint, barn door, Stampin' Up certainly cerlery, old olive; Papertrey Ink chamomile; Card - Papertrey Ink vintage cream; Ribbon - Papertrey Ink fine linen

I don't often get the brayer out but had fun with a bunch of ink pads colouring away. I started with some vintage cream cardstock and then inked and inked and inked! Then I white embossed some poinsettia flowers and again inked and inked and inked! Finally cutting and layering everything and adding some pearls. All very unusual for me! I kept it clean by keeping to Kryssi's layout although I replaced her sentiment with a ribbon. I'm popping this over to Create for their current challenge for cards without sentiments.


Call by the rest of the Design Team and then why not play along!

Chupa (owner)
Amy
Andrea
Clare
Cristina
Debby - that's me!
Jean
Julie
Teneale
Teresa

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 3 November 2011 at 10:29 , Blogger Lynn said...

Debby, Your card is gorgeous. I love the distressed ink behind the gorgeous poinsetta. Absolutely lovely.

 
At 3 November 2011 at 11:33 , Blogger Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous, I luv the poinsettia...so pretty...hope you have a great day!

enjoy *~*

 
At 3 November 2011 at 15:22 , Blogger Sarah said...

Wow. What gorgeous color! Sometimes getting your fingers all inky is so worth it.

 
At 3 November 2011 at 21:17 , Blogger Paige Taylor Evans said...

I love all the dimensions and layers of the poinsettia card!

 
At 4 November 2011 at 02:16 , Blogger Kryssi said...

Hi Debby!!! First, I was SO psyched to see what your take was -- big fan -- and you did not disappoint! The brayer scares me personally, that's why i don't have one, haha! Beautifully executed. Really!

 
At 4 November 2011 at 04:35 , Blogger Wanda Cullen said...

Unique and creative card! Love the double layer poinsettia peeking out from the Nestie "window"!

 
At 5 November 2011 at 05:10 , Blogger Mynn xx said...

This is absolutely stunning! All those pearls are F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!! LOVE the brayered background--fantastic job! :)

 
At 5 November 2011 at 22:34 , Blogger sheila said...

this background is just a gorgeous color and it really makes the flower pop! love the layers and flow of the pointsettia

 
At 5 November 2011 at 22:50 , Blogger Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning! The brayed background and the way you colored and stacked the poinsettias is just gorgeous.

 
At 8 November 2011 at 05:11 , Blogger LeroyLime said...

WOW! This is just beautiful, your poinsettias are breath taking and look like they need to pop out of their frame and some sit on a table in my home! :) Love the other creations on your blog, your style is right up my alley!

 
At 11 November 2011 at 05:58 , Blogger Jessie/knightrone said...

You are WICKED talented...WOWZA!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home