This page has moved to a new address.

winter blues thank you

lime doodle: winter blues thank you

27 February 2012

winter blues thank you

This is my second post today, please scroll down for my there she goes challenge card.

Moxie Fab are highlighting the current navy blue trend with their cure for the winter blues challenge. I immediately bookmarked this as "one to do" and then promptly got distracted until I came across an image on the {design seeds} website. I love this website both for it's photographs and colour palettes. I just wish my cardstock and inks came in as many hues! Anyway, here's my winter blues card.

Pin It
Supplies - Stamps - Hero Arts thank you messages; Inks - Versamark; Card - Stampin' Up night of navy, lucky limeade; Die - Memory Box prim poppy

A crisp CAS one. I die cut the lovely, delicate Memory Box flowers out of the navy card mat and pieced in with a bright green and crisp white. A simple white embossed sentiment to finish it off.


I lifted the white flowers with dimensional adhesive to give a touch of interest.

Finally, here's the {design seeds} palette. Isn't that poppy gorgeous!

20 Comments:

At 27 February 2012 at 12:11 , Blogger Окса said...

супер!

 
At 27 February 2012 at 14:01 , Blogger judkajudi said...

Saw this on the HA blog and had to learn more! This is an eye catcher! Beautifully done!

 
At 27 February 2012 at 14:02 , Blogger Ardyth said...

Stunning. Literally I'm stunned and can't think of anything else to say. I'm going to buy that die RIGHT NOW! LOL!

 
At 27 February 2012 at 15:46 , Blogger Allisa said...

Your card is gorgeous! Stunning design, I love it!

 
At 27 February 2012 at 18:09 , Blogger Jenny said...

Love how you used the die cut Debby, so pretty against the blue :0)
Jenny x

 
At 27 February 2012 at 20:12 , Blogger Michelle said...

So elegant! This is a beauty, Debby!

 
At 27 February 2012 at 20:26 , Blogger Tigriswillreign said...

Just beautiful, Debby! Perfect for the challenge!

 
At 27 February 2012 at 21:05 , Blogger maria f. said...

These look like the "Schneeglocken" that are just starting to bloom in my garden!

What a show stopper card. Can't believe how delicate that die is. Perfect sentiment to go with it and killer when set off by that gorgeous navy CS.

Love your work. Can't get your vellum butterfly card out of my mind. Linked to you here:
http://rieslingmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/oh-la-la60-vellum-butterfly.html

 
At 27 February 2012 at 21:24 , Blogger Ginny said...

This card could not be any prettier!!! It is so striking. A++

 
At 27 February 2012 at 23:59 , Blogger canadian_liner said...

Gorgeous die, gorgeous card! Thanks for including the link to design seeds site...

 
At 28 February 2012 at 06:52 , Blogger suzARTe said...

such a beautiful card

 
At 28 February 2012 at 15:13 , Blogger Aimes said...

Stunning! Truly stunning! There are no other words (apart from I'm off to find that die LOL!)
Hugs!
Aimes
x

 
At 28 February 2012 at 18:09 , Blogger Linda Beeson said...

This is so stunning!

 
At 29 February 2012 at 14:19 , Blogger Carole said...

I agree with all the compliments and comments Stunning, graceful lovely I had to repin it to remind me to recreate something similar;)

 
At 1 March 2012 at 06:58 , Blogger Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... I love your technique on this card I haven't seen it done before and it's stunning ... as is this card .... STUNNING, and oh so ELEGANT!

 
At 1 March 2012 at 20:57 , Blogger Carole said...

Thanks for the inspiration Debby...I did it-I recreated a card similar to yours check it out here:
http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

 
At 3 March 2012 at 22:39 , Blogger Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Your card is absolutely amazing!

 
At 8 March 2012 at 18:26 , Blogger Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Debby! Thanks for linking this up to the Cure for the Winter Blues Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

 
At 5 May 2012 at 06:30 , Blogger Laura said...

This card is fabulous!

 
At 25 May 2012 at 01:49 , Blogger seeherknit said...

Beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home