This page has moved to a new address.

case study challenge 89

lime doodle: case study challenge 89

3 May 2012

case study challenge 89

It’s a new month which means here at CASE study that we say goodbye to the uber talented Laurie Schmidlin. If there’s one thing I don’t like it is having to say goodbye.
However, I’m going to have to take a deep breath before screaming at the top of my voice! Aga (Agnieszka Malyszek) is this May’s muse at CASE study!! Pick me up off the floor! Aga is one of my favourite designers - CAS, modern and the most amazing photographer too. Feast your eyes.

Those colourful letters just pop right off the dark card base, so I took that element as my focus and added in the embossed background too.


CASE89
I was totally giggling at myself while making this card as I couldn’t stop thinking of the movie Sleepless in Seattle! Two things I also discovered – 1. that it is extremely difficult to photograph a card which is as near as can be black and 2. you can see every speck of dust on your screen when viewing a black card! So now that I’ve cleaned up my screen, it’s hats off to Aga for not only producing an amazing design but also for taking such a fab photo of it!
Want more inspiration? Check out these lovelies:
I hope you get the chance to play along this week :)
Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts newspaper skyline; Inks - Versamark; Card - Stampin' up basic black, real red, Papertrey Ink smokey shadow; Die - Lil' Inker Designs hearts; American Crafts thickers; Clear embossing powder

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 3 May 2012 at 06:44 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such a gorgeous card! I love the heat embossing and that cute heart! I've never tried to make a black card before but you have inspired me with this gorgeous one!

 
At 3 May 2012 at 11:33 , Blogger Michelle said...

Yep, I can see Sleepless in Seattle in your card, LOL! I love your black on black embossing, great effect! Great work getting such a great photo!

 
At 3 May 2012 at 20:44 , Blogger Christina said...

Totally fabulous, Debby! Your photo looks pretty incredible, too!

 
At 4 May 2012 at 04:39 , Blogger Karen Aicken said...

Great card - I love your pops of colour!
Cheers, Karen

 
At 5 May 2012 at 20:21 , Blogger Sarah C said...

This is SO cool. Very NYC at night :-) Fabulous as always!!

 
At 5 May 2012 at 21:59 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love your take on the inspiration card :)

 
At 6 May 2012 at 07:45 , Blogger Aleksandra said...

Interesting CASE-ing! The heart is cute!Like it!

Blessings,
Aleksandra

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home