This page has moved to a new address.

case study challenge 98

lime doodle: case study challenge 98

5 July 2012

case study challenge 98

It's the first Thursday in the month and that means that at CASE we must say goodbye to June's muse Joy Taylor. Thank you Joy I've had a blast CASEing your gorgeous creations. As we move into July we get to say hello to July's muse the wonderful Kristii Lockhart! And to start us off we have this simply delightful card to inspire us.


I'm going to crack straight on and show you my card.




Hmmmm, it might not be immediately obvious where I came from with this card, so let me explain the route of my inspiration! Looking at Kristii's card I was particularly drawn to the circle of blue stamping behind the stork with pops of pink accents. It got me thinking to the circle stamps I have or whether to mask a circle and stamp within. Then my eye was caught by my, new to me, Wplus9 stamps. I've long hankered after the star burst and rays from Super Stars. In that moment I knew what I wanted to do. I stamped the star burst image in a pale aqua and the ray image over the top in a deeper hue. Next I went with the "awesome" sentiment from the So 80's set in a deep pink. Pink you might ask, but yes, you see this card is to say thank you to a very special lady - a friend of mine who donates huge chunks of her time to help coach sports both within and outside of school. "Awesome" is a bit of a catch phrase of hers so I'm hoping this card hits the mark! So there you have it from sweet blue stars and pink baby blanket to a pink and blue sports card!

Here's the rest of the crew for more inspiration:
Supplies: Stamps - Wplus9 so 80's, super star; Inks - Versafine onyx black, Color Box robin's egg, Veracolor seafoam, Martha Stewart hibiscus; Card - Stampin' Up pool party; rhinestones

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5 July 2012 at 11:30 , Blogger Lynn said...

Gorgeous Debby. Love the pop of red against the crisp white.

 
At 5 July 2012 at 12:24 , Blogger Andrea Ewen said...

Love the colors you've chose, Debby...I have to agree with Lynn...they are striking against the white!

 
At 6 July 2012 at 03:54 , Blogger Linda Beeson said...

So glad you explained your process because I am in love with the stamps and colors you used! NICE!

 
At 6 July 2012 at 22:38 , Blogger Dawn said...

Love this Debby! Thanks for the love!

 
At 8 July 2012 at 14:24 , Blogger Christina said...

Love how you were inspired by Kristii's card, and the layered stamping looks fabulous!

 
At 18 October 2012 at 12:53 , Blogger Kekoa Pika said...

Cute one! Thanks for explaining your idea regarding with this one. Keep posting please.
waikiki hotel

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home