This page has moved to a new address.

happy birthday

lime doodle: happy birthday

18 September 2012

happy birthday


Over at There She Goes, the week before release week is know as There She Goes Again week!  This is when we (the Design Team) highlight a couple of the older TSG stamp sets to get a whole bunch of new ideas. This week the selected stamps sets are: Makea Wish, Wrapped in Joy, and Cupcake Mix & Match :) Oh and don't forget there's a sale on at TSG as they continue to celebrate their 4th birthday :)



I made this card with Cupcake Mix & Match for a teenage friend who just loves to bake. I wanted to make sure I hit the right amount of grown up feel while still being fun.




I've been noticing a trend to use glossy accents to highlight and add interest, so I went with a topping of gloss on my icing and cherry. Even though I was careful when adding the gloss and I still seem to have captured a few bubbles. Then again my cake icing is always a bit rustic so this is probably appropriate!


This photo also shows a favourite technique of mine to use dimensional adhesive to add visual interest to a simple card :)

Supplies: Stamps - There She Goes mix and match; Papers - My Mind's Eye lime twist life of the party; Dies - Lil' Inker Designs flags & tags

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 18 September 2012 at 19:35 , Blogger shirley-bee said...

Well that's neater than my icing, edible or otherwise! Lovely card.

 
At 18 September 2012 at 22:40 , Blogger Aimes said...

Well you're never too old for a glossy, sparkly cupcake! Delicious stamping! :D
Hugs!
x

 
At 19 September 2012 at 06:39 , Blogger Dixie Cochran said...

That card is delicious!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home