This page has moved to a new address.

so sweet!

lime doodle: so sweet!

12 March 2013

so sweet!

I had time this morning to just sit and play with some new goodies. Love when that happens! So I pulled out the jar image from Clearly Besotted Stamps spring blooms set and paired it with the new Simon Says Stamps tilted banner dies and matching tilted banner sayings :)

I was inspired by a piece of patterned paper from the Dear Lizzie range that was highlighted on Moxie Fab World yesterday. See the one 9 down called 'dream catcher' - beautiful!


I inked up the back of my jar stamp with Hero Arts soft leaf and stamped to create a shadow effect, then I added the outline in Hero Arts forever green. Finally I used the matching jar die cut to create a mask and stamped some polka dots from Clearly Besotted Stamps building blocks set; first stamping off onto scratch paper so the pattern within the jar was subtle. I dressed up the jar with a bit of twine and some enamel dots. Finally I added the banner from Simon Says Stamps tilted banner die and the 'so sweet!' sentiment from tilted banner sayings. I've not had a dimensional banner like this before and I love what it adds to the card :)

Well that's me for today, I'm recovering from a crazy busy few days; Mother's Day was Sunday here in the UK and we celebrated my son's birthday too. Lots of fun was had charging around the zoo with his friends and he actually squeaked when he opened the card saying he could have a pet of his own! My heart was full to see him so delighted :)

Supplies: Stamps - Clearly Besotted Stamps spring blooms, building blocks, Simon Says Stamp tilted banner sayings; Inks - Hero Arts soft leaf, forever green, Versafine smokey gray; Card - Papertrey Ink vintage cream, kraft; Dies - Clearly Besotted Stamps spring blooms, Simon Says Stamp tilted banner; Twine - Hemptique harvest; Enamel dots - My Mind's Eye the sweetest thing bluebell smile, honey love

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 12 March 2013 at 12:02 , Blogger Lindsay said...

omg Debbie. I love this!

 
At 12 March 2013 at 12:06 , Blogger richardbreaks said...

Debbie this card is beautiful! I may be JUST as excited for your son as he is (though I doubt that is possible)! What does he want as a pet?

 
At 12 March 2013 at 12:09 , Blogger Debby said...

A hamster is topping the list at the moment :) He really is beside himself at the possibility!

 
At 12 March 2013 at 13:10 , Blogger Taheerah said...

*Love*. That jar looks perfect and I love all the accents! That banner die is really calling my name - and I already just placed my largest ever SSS order over the weekend because of you! ;-)

 
At 12 March 2013 at 14:05 , Blogger Maureen said...

everything about this card is perfect :)

 
At 12 March 2013 at 16:10 , Blogger Stephanie said...

Bless your baby boy - aren't those moments priceless?!!

Love this card, perfectly executed :) x

 
At 12 March 2013 at 20:57 , Blogger Caryn said...

Really lovely card Debby - great tip on achieving that shadow effect on the jar - storing that idea for a future project!
Bless you little boy on his pet too - hamsters are great!!!

 
At 12 March 2013 at 21:19 , Blogger Vickie Z said...

Girl....love the back of stamp stamping for the shadow effect!! Fab card!! Wonderful moment......his own pet for his B-day....I can just hear/see the squeal...how exciting!!

 
At 12 March 2013 at 22:06 , Blogger Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Hi Debby ~ Just happened upon your blog by following a link on Two Peas. Your card is adorable! I have been looking at mason jar stamps, and this card really inspires me to get one soon! I hope you are having a lovely week! :o)

 
At 13 March 2013 at 00:54 , Blogger jintyoo7 said...

Eeeek, brilliant, Debby!

 
At 23 March 2013 at 03:54 , Blogger Wida said...

oh my I missed this?!?!? I love it, so glad I already have a jar or I would be so sad right now and need to buy one. hehe...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home