This page has moved to a new address.

case study challenge 103

lime doodle: case study challenge 103

9 August 2012

case study challenge 103



The celebrations for CASE study's 2nd anniversary are in full swing - I have so enjoyed seeing everyones take on their signature style :) Well we move on with this weeks challenge which is to mix it up a little and think outside of the box- we want you to stretch yourself and create in a style different to your norm!

There's a blog hop again this week with more past and present DT members and muses taking part and of course prizes to be had! So pop by the CASE Study blog to learn more and get started!

I'm not part of the hop line up this week having played along last week with the signature style hop, however I couldn't resist having a go at something a little different from my norm. So here's something a little more inky than usual for me. I stamped and coloured the flower in my normal style but had a little play with the background stamping.




I inked up a large acrylic block with several colours of distress inks, squirted with water and then placed the newspaper background from Hero Arts down onto the inky surface, gave it a squidge around a bit and then stamped onto white card. I then took a swirly stamp from the Hero Arts/ Sizzix floral set, inked it up and stamped several times without re-inking to get the faded look. Finally I matted my panel onto navy card and added the sentiment and flower pieces with a few green jewels to finish off. More involved than more normal style but I had great fun! I hope you have time to explore something different this week!

Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts newspaper background S5601, Hero Arts/Sizzix floral 657776; Distress Inks - broken china, tumbled glass, peeled paint; Distress Markers; Card - Papertrey Ink enchanted evening; Dies - Hero Arts/Sizzix floral 657776, Papertrey Ink fillable frame 7; Rhinestones

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 9 August 2012 at 08:57 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your inky card, Debby! Despite being different from your usual style, it's still SO you! Beautiful!

 
At 9 August 2012 at 14:39 , Blogger Aimes said...

Ooooh I love your background stamping, Debby! So subtle and beautiful and still retaining your fabulous style!
Hugs!
x

 
At 9 August 2012 at 18:03 , Blogger Linda Beeson said...

Yum on that great mix of soft colors.

 
At 9 August 2012 at 23:35 , Blogger Maureen said...

gorgeous, Debby! I love this style, your style, everything you make :) I'm here taking a good look as I want to CASE you next week ;)

 
At 10 August 2012 at 02:33 , Blogger Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

How I love the artsy look of your card, Debby! You created a wonderful texture :)

 
At 12 August 2012 at 21:26 , Blogger bevyb said...

I like the texture look to the card, very pretty

 
At 15 August 2012 at 03:18 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

But still very Debby :) Love the colors you used!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home