This page has moved to a new address.

cas-ual fridays challenge 78

lime doodle: cas-ual fridays challenge 78

9 November 2012

cas-ual fridays challenge 78

This is my second post for today; please scroll down for my There She Goes 'anything but a card' post :)


This week at CAS-ual Fridays the challenge is 'so torn' - adding tearing to your project :) Our sponsor this week is non other than CAS-ual Fridays Stamps!! In fact if you look at my card below you may even see a sneaky peek of a new set!



Oh now this challenge was a hard one for me! I like my clean lines and straight edges LOL. I did eventually come up with a little bit of tearing on the bottom of this embossed panel.





I cut a strip of Cherry Cobbler card, embossed it, die cut a circle from one side, took a deep breath and tore the bottom off! I mounted the panel onto a Soft Stone card base with foam adhesive and then nestled a die cut circle of stamped goodness into place.

Fancy some more inspiration? In fact in you take a look I think you'll find some more sneak peeks in amongst this weeks DT cards!

Angie
Christina
Dana
Deb
Gayatri
Karen
Kimberly
Laurie
Lisa
Lorena
Lynn
Piali
Suzanne
Virginia

Supplies: Stamps - CAS-ual Fridays Stamps merry kiss-mas; Inks - Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black; Card - Stampin' Up cherry cobbler; Papertrey Ink soft stone; Dies - Spellbinders circles; Twine - The Twinery maraschino; Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug

Labels:

14 Comments:

At 9 November 2012 at 06:35 , Blogger Caroline said...

Love this card love the torn paper looks so effective. Caroline xxx

 
At 9 November 2012 at 09:27 , Blogger Caryn said...

Oh how liberatied you must feel!? Debby, you can stop rocking and come out of the corner now - it's a very neat tear !!!!
Very cas - love the red - my favourite <3
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

 
At 9 November 2012 at 10:33 , Blogger aaga said...

Yummie. :)

 
At 9 November 2012 at 11:41 , Blogger Lynn said...

Ha...I'm right there with you on needing my straight lines, but your card is beyond fabulous as always Debby!!

 
At 9 November 2012 at 12:40 , Blogger Jeanette M. said...

Beautiful card, Debby! The torn bottom edge looks great.

 
At 9 November 2012 at 12:55 , Blogger Beate said...

Beautiful Christmas card. I love the embossed, torn strip with the negative cut for the sentiment. I have a thing for negative cuts.
Hugs and smiles

 
At 9 November 2012 at 15:25 , Blogger Kelly Griglione said...

hahaha, but you've still torn your paper in a nice and clean way! Love it!

 
At 9 November 2012 at 19:47 , Blogger jintyoo7 said...

Lovely, gorgeous shade of red and beautifully embossed :)

 
At 9 November 2012 at 22:24 , Blogger Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love the embossing & tearing together!!

 
At 10 November 2012 at 16:17 , Blogger Chanray said...

lovely card!

 
At 10 November 2012 at 21:37 , Blogger Mary-Anne V said...

Wow love how you mind thinks...this is a gorgeous card!

 
At 12 November 2012 at 01:57 , Blogger Susan said...

Absolutely LOVE this!

 
At 12 November 2012 at 23:20 , Blogger Darnell said...

I think this is a favorite layout ever, Debby. I've pinned it to return to as I especially love that candy cane twine against the embossed red paper!

 
At 13 November 2012 at 05:00 , Blogger Michele Gross said...

You did a fabulous job with this challenge! Love the bit of tearing on that wonderful panel. Super card :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home