This page has moved to a new address.

case study challenge 131

lime doodle: case study challenge 131

7 March 2013

case study challenge 131

It's changeover day at CASE Study Challenge! Which means we have a new muse in the house ..... it's none other than ............... Julie Ebersole!!! Squeal! One of the sweetest people with a totally infectious laugh (have you watched her videos?) and the most amazing designer! Can you tell by all the exclamation marks that I might like Julie's style just a bit LOL. Here's our inspiration from Julie for this week.


I didn't want to CASE this card as I knew that no matter what I made I wouldn't be happy. You see I love this card, probably in my top favourite cards ever. This card just sings to me and I didn't want to mess with the tune LOL. However, I gave it a shot and here's what I came up with.



I wanted to capture some of the heat from those orange and red flowers and the double mounted panel over kraft. I went with white embossing for my flower partially to fit in with Julie's and partially because delicate flowers just look awesome that way! Then I set to with my Copic markers. I've been asked before about Copics marking the white embossing. Often with paler Copics it's not very noticeable but with dark colours they do stain the embossed line. However, if you keep your blender (0) on hand and use it to swipe over the lines as you colour it does a fabulous job of removing any errors :)

So this card turned out quite clean and simple and I do like it but just not as much Julie's!

For more inspiration take a look at the rest of the team and note that we have a new Guest Designer for March; please give a big welcome to Brandi :)


Guest Designer: Brandi from Yankee Belle Stamper
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes - me!
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) - The Boss
Jean Martin
Jeanne Jachna
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams


Supplies: Stamps - Clearly Besotted Stamps with love; Inks - Versamark, Versafine smokey gray; Card - Papertrey Ink kraft; Copics; Hero Arts white embossing powder; EK Success powder tool

Labels: ,

31 Comments:

At 7 March 2013 at 06:38 , Blogger Taheerah said...

I can see why there's a certain level of apprehension in messing with a masterpiece, lol! But your interpretation is just so lovely - its like a breath of fresh air that brings Spring in along with it!! Beautiful design and colouring Debby!

 
At 7 March 2013 at 08:10 , Blogger Mandy said...

Absolutely stunning Debby !
xx

 
At 7 March 2013 at 09:56 , Blogger Michelle said...

Amazing! So, so beautiful, Debby!

 
At 7 March 2013 at 10:24 , Blogger Elena said...

love Julie's original, and I love your take on it too! The coloring is gorgeous!

 
At 7 March 2013 at 10:45 , Blogger maria f. said...

Love both cards - your work with those CBS stamps is fantastic.

 
At 7 March 2013 at 11:47 , Blogger Michelle Short said...

Your card is stunning Debby! I love the white embossing against the oranges x

 
At 7 March 2013 at 11:47 , Blogger gRiSeL™ said...

Stunning!!!! You did an amazing job!!! And I LOVE Julie as well!!!!!!!! Her laugh certainly IS contagious!!! :D

 
At 7 March 2013 at 11:58 , Blogger Jana said...

This is stunning Debby!

 
At 7 March 2013 at 12:33 , Blogger Marlou McAlees said...

fabulous card :) :)

 
At 7 March 2013 at 13:05 , Blogger Cindy H. said...

Wow, your card is just stunning!!!

 
At 7 March 2013 at 13:16 , Blogger Unknown said...

OMG Debby - your card is AMAZING! I love, love, love the technique you use for your flowers. It's one of a kind and just outstanding. *Ü*

 
At 7 March 2013 at 13:17 , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm gonna have to get me some of those CSB stamps...

 
At 7 March 2013 at 13:53 , Blogger Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Stunning, love the double white layer.

 
At 7 March 2013 at 14:46 , Blogger Miriam Prantner said...

Both these cards are works of art, your coloring is just amazing!

 
At 7 March 2013 at 15:51 , Blogger Petra Swart said...

Love, love, love both your and Julie's cards!! Your coloring is great!! Beautiful card! TFS.

 
At 7 March 2013 at 17:58 , Blogger Alyssa S said...

Oh lordy loo, Debby! This is just jaw droppingly gorgeous! Thanks for the tip on the colorless blender too. I was going to ask that question :)

 
At 7 March 2013 at 18:49 , Blogger Carol said...

I just adore your case study, Debby. I really love all of the white space - it sets off the beautiful floral image perfectly. I especially like the way you added texture to the centre of the flower by dabbing on a mix of colours. Delightful!

 
At 7 March 2013 at 20:33 , Blogger Aimes said...

Ha! I love that you were thinking the same as me with Julie's card: too perfect to CASE! That's why I did a bit of a 180 with it! ;D
I'm glad you had a shot at it though because this card is a beauty! Love the warmth it emits! A total justice to Julie's original card.
Hugs!
x

 
At 7 March 2013 at 20:50 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Debby, your card is just as sweet and you did the coloring perfectly. Thanks

 
At 7 March 2013 at 21:29 , Blogger Barb Ghig said...

OMGosh, I LOVE how you colored this beautiful flower...Love your design, too ~ so, so pretty!

 
At 8 March 2013 at 08:54 , Blogger Stephanie said...

When I had a little flurry of orders for this set yesterday I immediately thought it may have something to do with you (hadn't checked your blog at that point)....& I was right by the looks of it! You've done it again Debby :) xxx

 
At 8 March 2013 at 11:28 , Blogger Tracey said...

This is simply gorgeous Debby!!!

 
At 8 March 2013 at 11:53 , Blogger Marianne said...

Love your case of this fabulous card by Julie. The orange flower is so striking against the white and kraft background.

 
At 8 March 2013 at 12:14 , Blogger Tasnim said...

Just LOVE the way you colored the flower! I think you totally captured the heat from Julie's beautiful card :) I love that it has your own touch, and it is absolutely gorgeous!

 
At 8 March 2013 at 14:46 , Blogger Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I Love your card - I love both cards! Each card is beautiful in its own way!

 
At 8 March 2013 at 15:42 , Blogger Renuka said...

Your card is so pretty and the colouring is perfect. thanks for sharing.

 
At 8 March 2013 at 21:23 , Blogger Debby said...

Lovely designs in fabulous quality; you are going to love them Erin!

 
At 9 March 2013 at 02:21 , Blogger Wida said...

Sigh...love...

 
At 9 March 2013 at 02:32 , Blogger Lisa A. said...

What a beautiful card, Debby...simply gorgeous!!!

 
At 12 March 2013 at 21:22 , Blogger Vickie Z said...

I came here to drool over this gorgeous flower and ended up browsing all the cards I missed!! Thanks!

 
At 13 March 2013 at 16:09 , Blogger Tracey McNeely said...

Debby I just love your take on the muse card, beautiful colouring. So excited that i played along in my first CASE Study challenge.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home