This page has moved to a new address.

colour challenge

lime doodle: colour challenge

3 October 2011

colour challenge


Hi there, it's my turn to choose the challenge this week at There She Goes. As a colour junky I chose to highlight a fabulous colour combo that I just love - rich, yummy, yellow and cool trendy grey!  I found this photo on the fabulous pinterest.

Here's some other photos from pinterest to whet your appetite!

Source: None via Debby on Pinterest

Source: ohdeedoh.com via Debby on Pinterest

I see this colour combo everywhere at the moment and I hope the trend continues for some time to come as it's fabulous! So for today, I translated these colours into a card. Although initially I was drawn to using pattern and making a card for an adult I actually liked the thought of using these colours for a child so I made a fun children's birthday card instead!

Supplies: Stamps - There She Goes zoo pendous; Ink - Versafine onyx black; Card - Stampin' Up bashful blue, basic gray, Papertrey Ink harvest gold; Dies - There She Goes world's best, Papertrey Ink scallop; Copics

I suppose it's no big suprise that the neutral I chose was white! I stamped the hippos on a white panel and coloured them with copics adding the faintest blue to the waves. Then mounted the panel onto a blue scallop and grey strip. Please excuse the addition of the little bit of blue, but I felt the hippos would dry out without a bit of water! The sun is actually cut using There She Goes new World's Best die. I cut the center rosette and then lots of little ribbon embellishments and attached those to the back. Here's a close up - as you can see there's lots of dimension going on here!


Thanks for popping in today! Please pop by the There She Goes blog to see all the details for TSG124 and how to play along.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 3 October 2011 at 06:02 , Blogger Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Super CUTE!!!

 
At 3 October 2011 at 09:38 , Blogger Gayatri said...

Love how you have done the sun. Clever :) Cute card, Debbie!

 
At 3 October 2011 at 12:39 , Blogger Keva said...

Debby, this is adorable! I, too, love that color combo..it's fantastic.

 
At 3 October 2011 at 19:50 , Blogger Lynn Put said...

Great color challenge Debby and super cute card! I love how you used the new dies to create the sun!

 
At 3 October 2011 at 21:20 , Blogger Jenny said...

Love how you used the world's best die to make the sun!! So neat! You are the queen of clean, girl!

 
At 4 October 2011 at 00:45 , Blogger Jackie Rockwell said...

Debbie I love your color challenge and your card is ADORABLE!

 
At 5 October 2011 at 04:54 , Blogger Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

So fabulous, love these colors and all that white!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home