This page has moved to a new address.

case study challenge 80

lime doodle: case study challenge 80

1 March 2012

case study challenge 80

It's the start of a new month and at CASE study this means we have to say a sad fairwell to our fabulous muse for February Karola. I truly loved CASEing Karola's detailed style.

As we move in to March I hope you will welcome our new muse Laura Bassen! Laura has a clean and simple style which I just love! And to start us off in style we have this colourful creation to CASE this week.


The stitching through Laura's heart die cuts reminded me of a die cut I have. Not a heart but a leaf with a scored vein. I cut nine leaves and overlapped them into a flower reminiscent of Laura's design.
Supplies: Stamps - Lil' Inker Designs flags and tags; Ink - Versafine onyx black; Card - Stampin' Up basic gray, bashful blue, pool party; Die - Clear and Simple Stamps build a critter owl/kitty; Brad - Stampin' Up


A simple sentiment finished it off. I don't know about you, but I use birthday cards more than any other. Here's a zoom in of the dimension the overlapping of the leaves achieved.


 Stop by these fabulous girls for more inspiration :)

Christina MacLaren
ClareBuswell
Debby Hughes - me!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa):Owner
Jean Martin

Julie Lacey - taking a break
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
TeresaKline

Labels:

15 Comments:

At 1 March 2012 at 05:11 , Blogger Kelly Griglione said...

Woah, this is just STUNNING! I absolutely love it!! The dimension is fantastic - that it's on an angle makes it so unique. Pinning this!

 
At 1 March 2012 at 11:10 , Blogger Lynn said...

JAW DROPPING GORGEOUS! Seriously Debby...the tone on tone colors are absolutely stunning!

 
At 1 March 2012 at 11:11 , Blogger Michelle said...

Oh, Debby, I'm in LOVE!! I love this colour combo. I love your clever "flower". I might have to CASE this one, it's wonderful!

 
At 1 March 2012 at 14:39 , Blogger Christina said...

Wow! Amazing flower and gorgeous choice of colors, Debby! I just love the dimension.

 
At 1 March 2012 at 15:41 , Blogger Unknown said...

I like yours better than mine! You're not supposed to make the muse jealous, are you? Such a gorgeous card, Debby!

 
At 1 March 2012 at 16:08 , Blogger Unknown said...

What an amazing card! Love the colour combination you've used.

 
At 1 March 2012 at 16:32 , Blogger Sue McRae said...

Gorgeous flower and love the colours!

 
At 1 March 2012 at 18:37 , Blogger Luv2talk said...

Wow! Your stuff is always amazing. I love coming here for inspiration and just to look. Thanks.

 
At 1 March 2012 at 22:41 , Blogger Denise@DigiHaven said...

I Love the muse and love your card as well. Both are stunning. I love the dimension and the colors are just perfect. I wish it was MY birthday. LOL

 
At 2 March 2012 at 03:13 , Blogger cheiron said...

Just beautiful!

 
At 2 March 2012 at 16:38 , Blogger Tracey McNeely said...

Debby your take on this challenge is spectacular! I love your flower you created. So stunning.

 
At 2 March 2012 at 21:14 , Blogger whoistracy said...

Love the way you used this die- so cute!

 
At 5 March 2012 at 04:04 , Blogger Wida said...

you know how to put colors together so well and your designs are so like the muse, this is why I look forward to your posts.

It is clean, graphic, and with perfect details. I love this card! Oh, and I did end up getting happy trails stamp set and die from PTI because you made it look so good. thanks for enabling! :)

 
At 5 March 2012 at 04:07 , Blogger Wida said...

Oh and to clarify, when I say your designs are like Laura's, I don't mean that you are casing her work, just that it is clean, graphic with perfect details.

So pretty much I stalk your blog...

there I said it! LOL!

 
At 15 March 2012 at 05:18 , Blogger Sudha said...

Beautiful lovely cretions.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home