This page has moved to a new address.

case study challenge 90

lime doodle: case study challenge 90

10 May 2012

case study challenge 90

Thursday’s mean it’s time for another challenge from CASE study. Our muse this month is the fabulous Aga – did you love the dark and dramatic stunner of a card last week? Well we have a equally stunning card this week but a more muted and gentle beauty.



What really struck me with Aga’s card was the strong impact of the lower portion of the card with sentiment strip across. I chose to create the impact with a pop of coral card stamped with woodgrain in Versamark and a white sentiment strip. For the top part of the card I looked through my line stamps but couldn’t find anything I was happy with. In the end I went with one of my trusty Memory Box dies cut out of the white mat and inlaid with grey so that the die is flat with the mat.

CASE90

Here is the colour inspiration I used – coral and grey = gorgeous!






I hope you can find time to join us this week. If you need more inspiration check out these lovely ladies:
Supplies: Stamps – Hero Arts designer woodgrain,  Lil’ Inker Designs sentiment flags additions; Ink – Versafine smoky gray; Card – Stampin’ Up basic gray, calypso coral; Die – Memory Box prim poppy; Rhinestones – Stampin’ Up

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 10 May 2012 at 07:36 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Debby! That silhouette flower is gorgeous :)

 
At 10 May 2012 at 11:11 , Blogger Lynn said...

Stunning...love the bold color choice.

 
At 10 May 2012 at 11:11 , Blogger Maureen Merritt said...

Wow Debby, this is stunning. I love your perfectly placed rhinestones!

 
At 10 May 2012 at 14:53 , Blogger Christina said...

This is such a striking design and color combo, Debby. Love those perfectly placed gems.

 
At 10 May 2012 at 17:18 , Blogger Robin K. said...

Really stunning color combination!

 
At 11 May 2012 at 03:40 , Blogger Kelly said...

Gorgeous!

 
At 11 May 2012 at 23:18 , Blogger Vickie Z said...

Wonderful card!! Love how you're using the negative but, inlaying the color, looks fabulous and the bling is the perfect touch!

 
At 12 May 2012 at 06:44 , Blogger Becca Sadler said...

Congrats on being a featured Moxie Fabber! I've looked at several of your recent posts and it's so refreshing to see your unique styling. The gift set for your niece is marvelous! The color palette for the card featured on this post is fun and fabulous!

 
At 12 May 2012 at 20:35 , Blogger Aimes said...

Stunning! Just stunning! I need to buy and play with my memory box dies more methinks...!
Hugs!
x

 
At 14 May 2012 at 07:36 , Blogger Rae said...

You are so right, this color combo is GORGEOUS! It is 2:30 in the AM and I need to be up in 4 hours for work but that didn't stop me from coming over to leave you a comment. I love your style (I have looked at a few of your posts). This card is beautiful! Love, love, Love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home