This page has moved to a new address.

pit tie-dye challenge

lime doodle: pit tie-dye challenge

22 July 2012

pit tie-dye challenge

I can't believe I've created so much over the last day! I'm now onto challenge 6 of PTI's stamp-a-faire and it's an inky challenge to create tie-dye. I think this has been the hardest challenge for me and you should see the state of my fingers - talk about multi coloured and just look at the supply list of inks that I used! So considering the mess I made you might question the volume of tie-dye included in this card.




I had three pieces of card front sized card inked up in the end - two orange and one blue/green. I pondered this way and that and tried embossing one of the orange pieces with the sunrise impression plate, stamped a black silhouette on the blue/green piece, cut here, fiddled there until eventually the pieces got smaller and smaller. I don't suppose it's any big surprise that I ended up with a white card with just a splash of colour but hey I did get inky and most importantly I had fun :)

Edited to add:


Thanks to Ardyth I've just found a new challenge site CASology and I'm entering this card here for week two with a cue card of "happy":)

Supplies: Stamps - Papertrey Ink trendy tree tops; Inks - Distress Inks broken china, tumbled glass, peeled paint, rusty hinge, wild honey, barn door, Li'l Davis Designs metallic shades brownie; Dies - Papertrey Ink trendy tree tops, Spellbinders circles; Stampin' Up rhinestones

19 Comments:

At 22 July 2012 at 11:07 , Blogger Mandy said...

Really love the design of this card Debby! Your tie dye pieces look great.

xx

 
At 22 July 2012 at 12:13 , Blogger Michelle said...

I love your story of the creation of this card, Debby! You've given me a giggle! I absolutely love the final product, it's perfect!

 
At 22 July 2012 at 13:48 , Blogger Lynn said...

Oh I love it. The colors are fabulous.

 
At 22 July 2012 at 14:03 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this card! I am going to have to make this!

 
At 22 July 2012 at 14:44 , Blogger Ardyth said...

This is a fantastic layout! I love it! (Quick, get it into CASology - closing in about 3 hours!!)

 
At 22 July 2012 at 15:21 , Blogger Tracey said...

I love this card Debby! Gorgeous!!

 
At 22 July 2012 at 16:01 , Blogger Ardyth said...

Thanks for playing along with CASology this week - this one is a stunner!

 
At 22 July 2012 at 16:02 , Blogger Maureen said...

Debby, this is just gorgeous! LOVE what you did with the tie dyed papers...but I want to see your fingers! Thanks for the tip, I'll do mine later today after I go to church! LOL You were a busy little girl yesterday!! I was exhausted last night around 8:00! I have 2 more to do today :)

 
At 22 July 2012 at 16:50 , Blogger Karen Aicken said...

There is no way I could pull of a card with circles and colours the way you can. LOVE it!
Cheers, Karen

 
At 22 July 2012 at 17:52 , Blogger Anne said...

Oh Debby. My oh my I love your blog. You have such wonderful style. TFS your day at SAF. I really enjoyed reading about it today. I will definitely be back to visit your blog. Your work is wonderful.

 
At 22 July 2012 at 17:52 , Blogger Lucille K said...

Ohhh, I love your tie-dye card. Just love it :)

 
At 22 July 2012 at 19:49 , Blogger Tracey McNeely said...

Debby your tie dye is so much fun. Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week!

 
At 23 July 2012 at 01:50 , Blogger Kelly Griglione said...

Wow, totally love your card! Reminds me of the universe with the map colors and rhinestone "stars".

 
At 23 July 2012 at 02:23 , Blogger samantha's cards said...

stunning card!

 
At 23 July 2012 at 07:40 , Blogger Jenny @ I-dream-in-paper.blogspot.co.uk said...

What a fantastic card! I love the tie dye effect, & the way you've used the pieces together with the gems is truly inspirational.

 
At 23 July 2012 at 15:13 , Blogger - elbeth - said...

I really love this card! I agree with Kelly that it looks like the earth, stars and planets! The rinestones are placed perfectly! Thanks for making such eye candy!

 
At 23 July 2012 at 21:13 , Blogger donna mikasa said...

love this, Debby! reminds me of the galaxy, too! congrats on HM at CASology!

 
At 23 July 2012 at 23:22 , Blogger Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This turned out so great, Debby! Love the layered circles and hearts!

 
At 13 September 2012 at 22:30 , Blogger Unknown said...

I really like this card...is it meant to be a solar system-ish card? It is just so cool...repinned!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home