This page has moved to a new address.

pti mini book challenge

lime doodle: pti mini book challenge

21 July 2012

pti mini book challenge

Urm well although the next PTI challenge is for a mini book I went off on a bit of a tangent. I was inspired by my afternoon tea break! Just before the challenge went live I indulged in a couple of these.


They were yummy! Then I saw Melissa's mini book all tied up with ribbon and I thought that would be a fab idea for recipe cards. The recipe for the biscuits above has been passed down the through the generations and I will be passing it on to my children. The recipe is soooo simple (great for little hands to help) and yet the taste is, well, simply perfect. When I eat one of these biscuits I am transported back to my childhood:) My plan is over time to make recipe cards of family favourites and then when my children leave home they get a bunch of cards to take with them. So here you go my CAS recipe card with a few ribbons tied on for colour and a little glassine bag with a couple of the biscuits which escaped from me this afternoon :)




Over time I can add more recipe cards to the binder ring and it will by my mini book of recipes :) Can you see the glassine bag becoming transparent from touching the biscuits ...... those biscuits may not escape me for long!!

Edited to add:


The recipe for the ginger biscuits is as follows:


12oz plain flour
6oz sugar
6oz margarine
1 dessert spoon ground ginger
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
3 tablespoons warm golden syrup


Making these up is so easy! Basically you throw everything into a bowl and mix it up with your hands - kids love it! You keep mixing and sometimes adding a little more syrup until you can form balls with the mixture. Pop the balls onto a greased baking tray and pat lightly to flatten them a little. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes at 160 °C (fan 140 °C). That's it! Except you need to pop the kettle on and have a cup of tea ready for when they've cooled enough that you don't burn your fingers :)

Supplies: Card - Papertrey Ink spring rain, pure poppy; Paper - Papertrey Ink 2008 bitty box basics; Dies - Papertrey Ink angled labels, edgers 3; Ribbon - Papertrey Ink spring rain, pure poppy; Twine - The Twinery maraschino; Papertrey Ink glassine bag; eyelet; binder ring; scrap of gingham fabric

9 Comments:

At 21 July 2012 at 17:44 , Blogger Betty said...

will you share the whole recipe - can't seem to read it all at the end part. love ginger cookies. and your tag and little bag are darling.

 
At 21 July 2012 at 18:41 , Blogger Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, wauw, this is a fabulous idea and those cookies look really, really, really delicious!! Could you send some to the Netherlands? ;-) Great idea to use a binder like this and such a fabulous creation!
Hugs, Wendy

 
At 21 July 2012 at 18:51 , Blogger Betsy V said...

Such a fun idea! I love the fresh, clean feel of the red and blue!

~Betsy

 
At 21 July 2012 at 19:59 , Blogger Colleen said...

What a great idea...I love it!

 
At 21 July 2012 at 23:07 , Blogger Michelle said...

Debby! A recipe! :-) You just made my day. Not only do you make the most awesome CAS cards to delight my eyes, but now you've added a delicious sounding biscuit to delight my tummy! I might have to try that recipe, sounds perfect.

 
At 21 July 2012 at 23:42 , Blogger tonyamaries said...

Excellent idea! Loving the color combo!

 
At 22 July 2012 at 10:58 , Blogger SewSuzySew said...

Thanks so much for editing with the whole recipe .. can't wait to try it ... mouths watering already lol!

 
At 23 July 2012 at 22:02 , Blogger Ginger Claire said...

Totally gorgeous x

 
At 30 July 2012 at 19:54 , Blogger Bonnie said...

What a fabulous idea with the family recipe tag ring! Love your design too; simple & clean with a great pop of colors. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us - they look so yummy I can't wait to try them! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home