This page has moved to a new address.

You made my day

lime doodle: You made my day

9 August 2011

You made my day

Have you seen my Lil' Inker Designs kick off blog hop post yet? If not scoot on by there and leave a comment as there are prizes to be had!

I'm here today to share a Lil' Inker Designs card I made the other day. While thinking about LIDs new rainbows and clouds dies and stamps I was transported back to our recent holiday in California. While walking the 'Mist Trail' in Yosemite rainbows were everywhere as the sun hit the mist kicked up from the raging waterfalls. The rainbows played hide and seek through the trees as we climbed higher and higher up the trail. So here's my card today inspired by our holiday.


I used the larger cloud die for the tree tops and the smaller cloud die for, well, the clouds! I stamped the tree tops with branches and leaves to add a bit of detail.


I'm going to enter this card into the sketch challenge for WMSC59. Here's the sketch.


I hope you can see how I was inspired from the sketch - the rainbow coming in from one side and the line of the trees from the other.

Debby

Supplies:

Stamps - Lil' Inker Designs rainbows & clouds, Waltzingmouse Stamps teeny trees, Papertrey Ink love lives here
Dies - Lil' Inker Designs rainbows & clouds, Papertrey Ink love lives here
Inks - Stampin' Up early espresso, Versafine spanish moss
Card - Papertrey Ink pure poppy, summer sunrise, simply chartreuse, blueberry sky. ripe avocado

Labels:

28 Comments:

At 9 August 2011 at 15:17 , Blogger Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Was trying to figure out where the WMS stamps were in this card, and then I found them, well done.... and the grass is a great touch.

 
At 9 August 2011 at 15:37 , Blogger Lynn said...

So clever...I love how you used the cloud dies for the tree tops...super sweet card!

 
At 9 August 2011 at 15:54 , Blogger Houses Built of Cards said...

Wonderful card! I love the ones that tell a story like that!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

 
At 9 August 2011 at 18:58 , Blogger Keva said...

Debby, this is too cute. I love what you are doing with this set. I'm inspired!

 
At 9 August 2011 at 19:04 , Blogger Kelly S. said...

Oh so creative! I just love all of the pops of color with that white background. Your layout of all the elements is just perfect right down to that little teeny heart! Great use of this week's WMSC!

 
At 9 August 2011 at 19:16 , Blogger Noddy said...

This card really amazing.

The colors & images really pop the card.
Simple but amazing! Suitable for all ages. Genius.

 
At 9 August 2011 at 19:51 , Blogger Shirley N said...

Oh Debby, this is just beautiful, great design!

 
At 9 August 2011 at 20:01 , Blogger Alicia said...

Debby this is darling. :)

 
At 9 August 2011 at 21:51 , Blogger Jen Carter said...

Oh Debby, this is just so cute!!! LOVE the rainbow peaking behind the trees and the trees made from the clouds!! Super!

 
At 9 August 2011 at 22:57 , Blogger Michelle said...

Oh, Debby, you just get better and better!! This card is totally gorgeous.
Michelle.

 
At 9 August 2011 at 23:48 , Blogger Unknown said...

Debby this has got to be the cutest card I've ever seen. Love it!

 
At 10 August 2011 at 00:01 , Blogger Unknown said...

wowzers, this is awesome!

 
At 10 August 2011 at 02:32 , Blogger Marion said...

I love everything about this card Debby! You are so clever. I love everything about your cards! I wish I had your talent!!

 
At 10 August 2011 at 07:23 , Blogger Chan said...

This card is a thing of beauty. :o) Impeccably done!

 
At 10 August 2011 at 11:00 , Blogger Lynn Mercurio said...

Such a clever idea to use cloud die cuts for your trees, and the WMS tree images look wonderful as your truck/branches. Fabulous creation for the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge. Thanks for playing along.

 
At 11 August 2011 at 16:37 , Blogger reeree62 said...

So cute!!! LOVE it!

 
At 11 August 2011 at 20:56 , Blogger Marlena M. said...

I love those cloud dies as tree tops! ;)

 
At 11 August 2011 at 23:32 , Blogger Deborah Frings said...

This is really clever - love the way you've used the elements to create the diagonals!

 
At 12 August 2011 at 13:38 , Blogger Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Love it, love it, LOVE IT!! You are rocking the Lil' Inker dies, my friend :)

 
At 12 August 2011 at 14:15 , Blogger Savitri said...

Super cute!! The tree stamp works great with the cloud die!! Clever!

 
At 12 August 2011 at 19:49 , Blogger Laurie said...

Ack! Those trees again! I love it! Between you and Amy and Jen, I am going to have to give in and get this set!

 
At 12 August 2011 at 20:41 , Blogger Lenet said...

Gorgeopus card!! Thanks for Joining us at WMSC!!

 
At 13 August 2011 at 16:10 , Blogger Vanessa Middleton said...

This is so CUTE! Love the traditional rainbow colors and how you made the clouds into trees. Clever!

 
At 13 August 2011 at 21:44 , Blogger CarlavdM said...

Wow...what a great card, like the way you used the clouds as a tree

 
At 15 August 2011 at 02:40 , Blogger Becky G said...

Oh my goodness! So glad I found your site! I love your design style! This card is awesome! Love the clean lines and eye popping color!

 
At 15 August 2011 at 04:18 , Blogger Sandy said...

Sweet card! Love that you used the clouds as treetops... it's perfect!

 
At 17 August 2011 at 23:00 , Blogger Laura Pryor said...

I still can't get over your brilliant use of the clouds as tree tops. I am SO TRYING this! Love love love this card!

 
At 13 March 2012 at 21:20 , Blogger A French Accent said...

Beautiful card, Debby... I had to lift your idea... Thank you for inspiring me!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home