This page has moved to a new address.

clean and simple day 1

lime doodle: clean and simple day 1

9 January 2012

clean and simple day 1

A card class dedicated to Clean & Simple stamping? Wild horses wouldn't have stopped me taking part! So today is Day 1 of a two week class entitled Clean & Simple card making. They have some amazing designers running the class and guesting too and I am so looking forward to the next two weeks. I aim to play along when I can, although I have visitors coming on Thursday for a week, so that will probably put paid to things for a while, but I hope to catch up afterwards.

I will keep these posts brief as my aim is to take part as much as possible and so I aim to post pictures as soon as I can without being too wordy. So here we go with my card for Day 1.

Pin It
Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts designer woodgrain, Papertrey Ink wishing you; Inks - Versacolor sky gray, Versafine onyx black; Card - Stampin' Up real red; Dies - Spellbinders hearts; Twine - The Twinery marasschino

I must admit to struggling with my photography just recently. I am taking advice when I can and trying to get the pictures which I see others achieve where the card just pops off the page. Maybe a photography class should be on my to do list this year too!

This card is based on a sketch by the amazing Maile Belles. I die cut a heart from the woodgrain panel and added a die cut red heart beneath.


I'm also going to pop this card over to Moxie Fab for their die cutting challenge.

Hopefully I will manage a Day 2 post tomorrow.

27 Comments:

At 9 January 2012 at 12:02 , Blogger Marion said...

Just beautiful...as always Debby!

 
At 9 January 2012 at 12:08 , Blogger Michelle said...

Lovely! Simply beautiful.

 
At 9 January 2012 at 12:50 , Blogger Jaclyn Miller said...

Perfect! Love it.

 
At 9 January 2012 at 13:51 , Blogger Houses Built of Cards said...

Gorgeous!!! I think your photography is great - and your card does pop off the page!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

 
At 9 January 2012 at 14:08 , Blogger Laurie said...

Oh Debby! This card sings to me! Gorgeous embossing and love the cut out heart! Swoon!!!!

 
At 9 January 2012 at 14:30 , Blogger Carol said...

Drop dead gorgeous!

 
At 9 January 2012 at 14:49 , Blogger Trina said...

I adore the simplicity with a beautiful POP of color.

 
At 9 January 2012 at 15:08 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make great cards! This one is so beautiful. :)

 
At 9 January 2012 at 15:33 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow i love it! ... so beautiful card!

 
At 9 January 2012 at 16:18 , Blogger Jen Shults said...

This is just gorgeous Debby! I love it!

 
At 9 January 2012 at 16:19 , Blogger Marisa said...

Absolutely LOVE this card! NO worries about the picture - it still shines through bright and clear :)

 
At 9 January 2012 at 16:36 , Blogger Pam W Merwin said...

Love the embossed panel with the heart cut out. Clean lines :)

 
At 9 January 2012 at 17:33 , Blogger Call Me Crafty Al said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love the woodgrain embossing and how you die cut part of the heart out of it. TFS!

 
At 9 January 2012 at 18:52 , Blogger Barb said...

this is gorgeous! and i think your photo POPS!

 
At 9 January 2012 at 19:52 , Blogger Nicolemj said...

I love the simplicity of the colors but its stunning! Beautiful work! I'm going to try to use my dies differently now! TFS

 
At 9 January 2012 at 21:05 , Blogger Samantha said...

Such an inspiring card!! Love how the heart really pops!

 
At 9 January 2012 at 23:12 , Blogger Aimes said...

What a stunning card, Debby! I love the way your eye follows the design to the sentiment - fabulous!
I've always been such a huge fan of your photography! I love it!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

 
At 10 January 2012 at 03:42 , Blogger Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

Wow! This is fantastic. It looks absolutely perfect!

 
At 10 January 2012 at 04:31 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this card! Love the woodgrain, love the cut out heart, love the "pop" and love the photos! Great job!!

 
At 10 January 2012 at 05:50 , Blogger Jona Panesa said...

wow so stunning!

 
At 11 January 2012 at 20:23 , Blogger Leigh Penner said...

This is lovely! I love the stamped woodgrain with the negative space for the heart!

 
At 12 January 2012 at 17:49 , Blogger Sue McRae said...

Love this design and how the red pops!

 
At 13 January 2012 at 05:16 , Blogger Denisse said...

wow! AAAAmazing!

 
At 15 January 2012 at 23:58 , Blogger Unknown said...

Great card!! Wonderful idea ;)

 
At 19 January 2012 at 16:12 , Blogger Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Debby! Thanks for linking this up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

 
At 23 January 2012 at 02:12 , Blogger Unknown said...

Absolutely fabulous! Love it!

 
At 11 January 2013 at 14:40 , Blogger Erica Hall said...

I'm still learning - I was wondering if you secured your string at all? Or did you just wrap it and tie it? thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home