This page has moved to a new address.

cas-ual fridays 63

lime doodle: cas-ual fridays 63

27 July 2012

cas-ual fridays 63


Yey it's Friday and time for another challenge from CAS-ual Fridays! We have a colour theme this week - lime, aqua and navy and our sponsor is Stop & Scrap who are offering a $25 gift certificate :)

After a comment on the blog, the Design Team got chatting about how they are inspired so I thought I'd share just a little of how I got to todays card. First off with a colour challenge I always get the closest colours of card I have to the challenge colours out on my desk. I might not use any card stock in my design but that's my starting off point. I then look at those colours and choose which I want to be most dominant/star of the stage - the colour I like the most possibly or the easiest one to fit into a design. I then think of ways to incorporate the other colours. With this weeks colour scheme my immediate thought was to use the green as leaves of some sort which left the aqua and navy. Navy was too dark to be an easy option for a flower so aqua was fixed as the flower colour which left the navy to act as an accent colour for the sentiment and card stock mat. As for which image to choose; I keep a basket of my newest products on my desk to remind myself to use what I've bought! So first off I rummage through the basket looking for something to spark an idea to fit with the plan of my colour scheme. For todays card I happened across the floral set by Hero Arts with matching dies and that led to the final card.






For more colour inspiration drop by the rest of the DT:



Michele Gross - The Boss 
Christina MacLaren 
Dana Seymour 
Debby Hughes - that's me! 
Gayatri Murani 
Jenny Mullens 
Julie Day 
Karolyn Loncon 
Kimberley Lane 
Laurie Willison 
Lorena Canto 
Lynn Mangan 
Virginia Lu

Not forgetting the facebook team who will be posting to facebook and their blogs during the week:

Angie Tieman 
Deb Wabbe 
Lisa Addesa 
Stephanie Washburn 
Suzanne Dahlberg 

Have a great weekend :)

Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts/Sizzix floral 657776; Inks - Distress Markers tumbled glass, broken china, peeled paint, chipped sapphire; Card - Stampin' Up lucky limeade, Papertrey Ink enchanted evening; Paper - Echo Park sweet day; Stampin' Up rhinestones


Labels:

7 Comments:

At 27 July 2012 at 08:27 , Blogger shirley-bee said...

Love this card, Debby. Big flower, big sentiment, but big white space as well. I immediately thought man card when I saw the colours but I may change my mind, as it definitely works with flowers.

 
At 27 July 2012 at 10:59 , Blogger Lynn said...

Thanks for sharing how you created Debby! Love it! The little sentiment strip is fabulous too!

 
At 27 July 2012 at 15:50 , Blogger Cristina said...

Another stunner.

 
At 28 July 2012 at 02:42 , Blogger Robin K. said...

Very lovely! I love how you added the text strip to your design!

 
At 28 July 2012 at 12:44 , Blogger Aimes said...

Such a beautiful card, Debby!
Hugs!
x

 
At 28 July 2012 at 15:16 , Blogger Deb said...

Fabulous card, Debby! I love hearing how you designed this card. Love those stamps, too!

 
At 2 August 2012 at 21:14 , Blogger Carol L said...

What a beauty!! I love how you used the colors for this amazing card!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home