This page has moved to a new address.

case study challenge 104

lime doodle: case study challenge 104

16 August 2012

case study challenge 104

Boy have we got some fun for you today! Continuing our 2nd anniversary celebrations at CASE study we are asking you to CASE a Design Team member! However, before I show you my card, there's more! Not only are there lots of prizes on offer this week but CASE study are beginning the search for a month-long Guest Designer! You gotta pop by the CASE study blog for all the details :)

So, to CASE a teamie; tough choice as I love the style of all my teammates and I spent a wonderful but lengthy period of time browsing through their blogs. Finally I picked this card by Aimes. I loved the serenity of the grey and blue scheme. I used Hero Arts newspaper flowers and coloured the stamp directly with Distress Markers before stamping onto white card.




I then masked the flower heads and stamped over the image with the newspaper background stamp; stamping off on a piece of scratch paper before stamping over my flowers so that the background was faded and not too dominant.


Here's a little snap shot of Aimes' card but you really must pop by her blog and see the original which was inspired by an equally stunning card from our muse that month Aga:)



I can't wait to see who the rest of the DT CASEd :)




  • Amy Wanford
  • Andrea Ewen
  • Christina MacLaren
  • Clare Buswell
  • Debby Hughes - me!
  • Iwona Palamountain (Chupa):Owner
  • Jean Martin
  • Maureen Plut
  • Teneale Williams
  • Teresa Kline


  • I am also popping this card by the Hero Arts flickr group for their monthly theme for August of Clean and Simple design and with the bottom left sketch in mind too :)



    Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts newspaper tulips, newspaper background, say it all; Inks - Distress Ink pumice stone, Versafine onyx black; Distress Markers - pumice stone, broken china, tumbled glass; Paper - Studio Calico classic calico vol 2; Card - Stampin' Up island indigo; Dies - Lil' Inker Designs sentiment flag; Stampin' Up rhinestones.

    Labels:

    3 Comments:

    At 16 August 2012 at 05:15 , Blogger Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

    So gorgeous, girl! I love the black DP peeking out from beneath the layer, it gives the card an extra shot of style! :)

     
    At 16 August 2012 at 12:21 , Blogger Aimes said...

    You're flowers are bloomin' gorgeous, Debby! (Sorry - I couldn't resist the pun!)
    I love your take on my card that was a take on Aga's card - kinda like a triple CASE! That strip of blue is genius at grounding those flowers!
    Hugs!
    Aimes
    x

     
    At 17 August 2012 at 03:05 , Blogger Christina said...

    I love the multi-colored stamping and the strip of patterned paper along the side. Your gem placement is always perfect, too!

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home