This page has moved to a new address.

leafy fun

lime doodle: leafy fun

11 December 2012

leafy fun

This is my second post today; please scroll down to see my Lil' Inker Designs post :)

So I'm back today to share some more from Clearly Besotted Stamps latest release. My first card is a very 'me' example. I used three of the new sets on this simple card! The leaf sprig is from Leafy Accents, the cute polka dot heart is from Once Upon A Time and the sentiment is from Full of Surprise.




I coloured the leaves with Distress Markers in peeled paint and forest moss and then added a little more detail after stamping with the forest moss marker. Then I added the sweet polka dot heart stamped in Hero Arts royal red and popped up. Two Studio Calico wood veneer birds added the final touch.

For my second card I wanted to show how versatile these stamps are and go completely out of my comfort zone and get really inky! I love seeing Jill Foster's inky exploits and so tried to channel a bit of Jill magic and went to town! 




I cut a die cut shape and heat embossed the leaf sprig in white before using a variety of Distress Inks to give plenty of colour before stamping the music background from Background Builder. I spritzed with water and dotted with a perfect pearls solution before adding a sprinkling of pearls, sentiment on circle die cut and flower. Phew!

Well that's me for today. I'll be back tomorrow with more from Lil' Inker Designs and Clearly Besotted Stamps :)

Supplies card 1: Stamps - Clearly Besotted Stamps leafy accents, once upon a time, full of surprise; Inks - Hero Arts red royal, Distress markers peeled paint, forest moss, Versafine onyx black; Studio Calico wood veneer birds

Supplies card 2: Stamps Clearly Besotted Stamps leafy accents, background builder, full of surprise; Inks - Versamark, Versacolor pinecone, Distress Inks spiced marmalade, gathered twigs, pumice stone, tumbled glass, peacock feathers, wild honey; Card - Stampin' Up naturals white, soft suede; Paper - Basic Grey aspen frost; Dies - Spellbinders label 14, small circles; Punches - Stampin' Up circle punches; Embossing Powder - Hero Arts white; Ribbon - Papertrey Ink soft stone; Karen Foster pastel pink scrapper's floss; Pearls; Flower - Prima pixie tin zoe; Perfect Pearls


Labels:

12 Comments:

At 11 December 2012 at 13:02 , Blogger Viktoriya said...

simply and elegantly!

 
At 11 December 2012 at 13:46 , Blogger Caroline said...

These are gorgeous I love them both. The colours on the second one are beautiful. Caroline xxx

 
At 11 December 2012 at 13:51 , Blogger maria f. said...

Love both. Thanks (or not) for introducing me to another great stamp co.

 
At 11 December 2012 at 14:05 , Blogger Theresa said...

Debby, these cards are amazing!!! Gorgeous coloring!!

 
At 11 December 2012 at 14:28 , Blogger Piali said...

Beautiful cards!

 
At 11 December 2012 at 21:54 , Blogger Pryn said...

Beautiful work! Those leaves on your first card look amazing!!!

 
At 12 December 2012 at 05:29 , Blogger Marian said...

what charming cards. love the polka dot heart.

-Marian

 
At 12 December 2012 at 05:29 , Blogger Marian said...

what charming cards. love the polka dot heart.

-Marian

 
At 12 December 2012 at 05:44 , Blogger Kelly Griglione said...

Love your leaves on the first card, and holy cow I never would have guessed the second card was yours. How fun is that!!

 
At 12 December 2012 at 05:52 , Blogger Wida said...

I'm with Kelly!

 
At 12 December 2012 at 07:16 , Blogger Rachel Izakowicz said...

Beautiful cards! Did you spritz the leaves with water before stamping on the first card? I can't seem to get my distress markers to create such beautiful blending like you did!

 
At 12 December 2012 at 08:19 , Blogger Debby said...

Hehe, Kelly & Wida, yep well out of my comfort zone for the second card! Rachel I coloured the leaves direct to the stamp with the two markers and then 'huffed' on the stamp before stamping to the paper. After I'd stamped the leaves I took the darkest marker and added a few flicks with the brush end from the stem out. I love my markers and the intensity of colour is great.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home