This page has moved to a new address.

love you

lime doodle: love you

8 January 2013

love you

I've been trawling for inspiration from packaging designs again and I came across this fabulous design by student Morgan Sterns which really caught my eye.


The logo is for a purified water and the patterns were inspired by those found in groundwater filtration systems!! Here's the tag I made.




I stamped three circular images from Hero Arts many dots set in white Stazon onto a piece of acetate and cut to the size of a kraft tag. I added the letters and then placed tiny pieces of foam adhesive behind them to raise the acetate just slightly off the kraft tag to create interest and shadows.

Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts many dots; Ink - Stazon cotton white; Card - Papertrey Ink kraft, pure poppy; Die - Sizzix santa's workshop alphabet; Hemptique twine

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 8 January 2013 at 11:01 , Blogger Stephanie said...

How do you do it? Love this, you make it appear so effortless - I think this is the year you will rocket from crafty stardom to.....crafty SUPER stardom! xxx

 
At 8 January 2013 at 11:23 , Blogger Tracey said...

What a fabulous tag!! I love this!!

 
At 8 January 2013 at 13:59 , Blogger Katherine said...

This really grabbed my attention. Great design elements here & love your unique source of inspiration!

 
At 9 January 2013 at 08:28 , Blogger Leni said...

Gorgeous, just perfect! I love it!

 
At 9 January 2013 at 16:47 , Blogger Emily Leiphart said...

Such a fantastic tag, Debby! I love how you drew inspiration from Morgan's design.

 
At 9 January 2013 at 16:53 , Blogger Unknown said...

Love this idea Debby, looks great!! :)

 
At 9 January 2013 at 20:15 , Blogger Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

Terrific work transforming the inspiration Debby!

 
At 9 January 2013 at 21:56 , Blogger Mandy said...

this is so beautiful Debby.

xx

 
At 11 January 2013 at 10:13 , Blogger maria f. said...

Read Stephanie's comment and must say... my sentiments exactly. How do you do this? This tag is breathtakingly beautiful. Right down to the thin black string at the top. And such a gorgeous photo...

 
At 13 January 2013 at 04:50 , Blogger Wendy said...

Wow! this is a very cool visual effect. Love it!

 
At 14 January 2013 at 13:05 , Blogger Taheerah said...

I {heart} this so much Debby. It's simply perfect, and very, very clever!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home