This page has moved to a new address.

life is sweeter

lime doodle: life is sweeter

4 February 2013

life is sweeter

Teri Anderson spotted this fabulous image on Pinterest the other day and I don't know if I still had pie charts on my mind but I was really taken with the colours and shapes.

Source: purlbee.com via Teri on Pinterest


Here's my very literal take.




I would've liked to have the fruit slices smaller so I could have more of them on a card front but the little segments were fiddly enough at this size and I didn't want to make it more so! FYI if you try and do this yourself, put some tape adhesive onto the smallest circle before cutting it into segments - it is much easier to add adhesive to the whole circle than the tiny pieces when cut up :)

This card fits with day 4 (plainly white) and bonus day 1 (die cutting) of Clean & Simple Card Making 2 :)


Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts friends cl351; Ink - Versafine smoky gray; Card - Stampin' Up pink pirouette, daffodil delight, Papertrey Ink berry sorbet; Dies - Spellbinders circles small & large; Stampin' Up adhesive rhinestones; Ranger star dust stickles
-->

19 Comments:

At 4 February 2013 at 10:58 , Blogger Taheerah said...

Awesome card Debby! I love the lovely bright segments and the coating of stickles!

 
At 4 February 2013 at 11:40 , Blogger Michelle said...

This really appeals to me! Love the design. Love the colour. Love those rhinestones! :-)

 
At 4 February 2013 at 13:33 , Blogger Jenny said...

Wow, you're really making me see those circle dies in a new light!!
Brilliant card Debby :0)
Jenny x

 
At 4 February 2013 at 15:17 , Blogger Gibmiss said...

Hi Debby
Love this ..... Fabulous card.... Brilliant idea....
Hugs Sylvie xxxx

 
At 4 February 2013 at 15:55 , Blogger Laura M. said...

This is absolutely beautiful!
Thanks for the inspiration :)

 
At 4 February 2013 at 16:39 , Blogger SugarGem said...

Omg this is intoxicating... I love love love it. Makes me want summer.

 
At 4 February 2013 at 20:08 , Blogger Deb said...

Debby, I love how you created your slices! Gorgeous!!!

 
At 4 February 2013 at 20:19 , Blogger Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card! The colors and the scattered rhinestones. FABBY!!!

 
At 4 February 2013 at 20:35 , Blogger Mandy said...

wonderful card Debby, loving the layout, colours, gems...Everything about it !!!

xx

 
At 4 February 2013 at 21:47 , Blogger Julie S said...

Lovely!

 
At 4 February 2013 at 22:42 , Blogger Aimes said...

Oooh I can almost taste the sour tang of those fruits with those sparkles, Debby! Seriously - I could lick the monitor right now! LOL!
Fabulous, literal take my friend - FABULOUS!
Hugs!
x

 
At 4 February 2013 at 22:52 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this so clean and fresh and dare I say Zesty! tehehe :0)

 
At 4 February 2013 at 23:56 , Blogger Marybeth said...

Love your card ! I made these coasters and your card is a perfect complement to them. Beautiful!

 
At 5 February 2013 at 01:38 , Blogger jintyoo7 said...

Eeek, love it - gorgeous :)

 
At 5 February 2013 at 10:14 , Blogger aaga said...

This is so cool, I love the colours!

 
At 5 February 2013 at 10:50 , Blogger Sue B said...

Sunshine and cocktails mmmhmmm gorgeous card x

 
At 25 February 2013 at 02:16 , Blogger Wida said...

this is kind of like your blog header!!!

 
At 25 February 2013 at 05:28 , Blogger Boo said...

I made this card, and loved how it turned out. Thank you for your lovely inspiration!

 
At 1 March 2013 at 01:59 , Blogger Jana said...

So wonderful! Just perfect!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home