This page has moved to a new address.

case study challenge 133

lime doodle: case study challenge 133

21 March 2013

case study challenge 133

Well helloooooo! It's Thursday which must mean it's time for more glorious inspiration from our March muse Julie!


What a fun and happy card; it just makes me smile from ear to ear! I went with the patterned sun with overlapping embellishment and also layered patterned paper. Here's my card:


I thought it would be great fun to have a honeycomb sun for the bee :) I stamped the honeycomb circle from Simon Says Stamps' circle friends set in Hero Arts butter bar (one of my most favourite colours) and then used the matching tri circle die to cut a mask from a post it note before stamping the sun rays from Wplus9's super star set. I stamped the bee image overlapping the sun with Memento tuxedo black ink and then on Neenah solar white card I stamped two bees, coloured and cut their bodies out and layered them up on the card. The patterned paper strips were a fun way to ground everything and I'm going to link this to Pattern Play at Online Card Classes :)


Now it is with great sadness that we say goodbye to our lovely teamie Christina :( I've loved working with you and you will be so missed. Wishing you all the best :) So here's our team list as it stands now:

Guest Designer: Brandi from Yankee Belle Stamper
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes - me!
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) - The Boss
Jean Martin
Jeanne Jachna
Maureen Plut

Teneale Williams

Supplies: Stamps - Simon Says Stamp circle friends, Wplus9 super star; Inks - Hero Arts butter bar, Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black; Card - Neenah solar white; Paper - My Mind's Eye on the bright side two; Dies - Simon Says Stamp tri circle s150, large holiday shapes s147

Labels: , ,

22 Comments:

At 21 March 2013 at 07:12 , Blogger Susie said...

Gorgeous card - love the colours, layering and the cute bee! Susie x

 
At 21 March 2013 at 08:03 , Blogger Mandy said...

loving the honeycomb sun Debby, fab card!
xx

 
At 21 March 2013 at 09:08 , Blogger Stephanie said...

And your card makes ME happy & smile :) Perfect composition too! x

 
At 21 March 2013 at 12:21 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the bee and that honeycomb sun - great card.

 
At 21 March 2013 at 12:27 , Blogger Unknown said...

Fabulous! You're a genius!

 
At 21 March 2013 at 13:08 , Blogger Taheerah said...

I don't know how you do it, I really don't! But you keep wowing me every single time with your out-of-the-box approach, flawless execution and just plain awesomeness!! Amazing card!!

 
At 21 March 2013 at 18:10 , Blogger Danni said...

Love, love, love your card! It just makes me happy and want to smile!

 
At 21 March 2013 at 23:39 , Blogger Jenny said...

Love the layers and colours Debby, such a happy card :0)

 
At 22 March 2013 at 01:11 , Blogger jintyoo7 said...

TERRIFIC :)

 
At 22 March 2013 at 11:13 , Blogger Carol said...

Love your card Debby! It's so cheery and bright.

 
At 22 March 2013 at 16:11 , Blogger Aimes said...

Now that's the trendiest sun I've ever seen! Love the way your brain works!
Hugs!
x

 
At 22 March 2013 at 16:29 , Blogger Katie Ann Brooks said...

love the card you CASEd and your interpretation!

 
At 23 March 2013 at 14:31 , Blogger donna said...

Perfect spring card, love how you did your sun~!! Thank you for sharing~!

 
At 23 March 2013 at 16:57 , Blogger Leni said...

I am in love with this super sweet card!

 
At 23 March 2013 at 17:11 , Blogger Debbi Powell Designs said...

I so wish I had half your talent. Wonderful cards!!!

 
At 23 March 2013 at 18:51 , Blogger Barbara said...

Love this birthday card. It is so perfect!

 
At 23 March 2013 at 20:59 , Blogger Cynthia said...

I love how happy the recipient of this card will "bee"!!

 
At 24 March 2013 at 00:27 , Blogger dstandard said...

Fabulous birthday card - I love your style!

 
At 24 March 2013 at 08:40 , Blogger ~ Jo ~ said...

Hello Debby!
What a sweet card! Your card put a smile on my face, that bee is sooo cute! I love the style of the card and I am so happy that I found your blog through Simon Says Stamp. Your work is gorgeous girl! I am now following you and subscribed via email. I would love it if you could please stop by my blog and follow me through bloglovin or email too!! Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Jo
www.jwscrapshack.blogspot.com

 
At 25 March 2013 at 19:45 , Blogger Darnell said...

Total and complete pattern inspiration, Debby! You so rock!!

 
At 26 March 2013 at 21:54 , Blogger SAMARA said...

Aw Debby~ Your card is SO cute! I love all the colors and how neat and tidy it is...coming from a mixed media person eh! haha Thank you for your sweet comment. You are a very kind person I bet! Lovies, Samara

 
At 31 March 2013 at 17:59 , Blogger Jackie Rockwell said...

Perfectly sweet and the bee is adorable popped up! Very CUTE card Debby!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home