This page has moved to a new address.

Autumn card

lime doodle: Autumn card

4 September 2010

Autumn card

In the UK autumn isn't such a big thing. We do a bit of Halloween, but tend to omit fall and thanksgiving. However, as I was wandering around my garden yesterday I noticed the hydrangeas starting to fade. It struck me that autumn is mainly associated with the vibrant colours of changing leaves but there is the other colour palette too - the muted watercolour effect as the brilliance of summer fades. I found this little Prima hydrangea in my stash and based my card around it.



For me this is autumn's other side. And don't you just love the colour of the background stamp - that's Versafine's toffee. Love that name for an ink and it so brings to mind the colour of toffee apples.

Supplies:

Flower - Prima
Card - PTI smokey shadow
Stamps - Hero Arts antique brocade, PTI turning a new leaf, signature greetings
Ink - Versafine toffee, smoky gray

Debby

5 Comments:

At 4 September 2010 at 14:34 , Blogger Kara said...

another gorgeous one!

 
At 4 September 2010 at 16:27 , Blogger Mariana said...

Such an elegant card, love it!

 
At 5 September 2010 at 00:12 , Blogger Kay D said...

Lovely card- very elegant, and I love that toffee ink (such a beautiful shade)!

 
At 5 September 2010 at 00:17 , Blogger Keva said...

This is lovely. I really like the ink color, too. Really cool card!

 
At 6 September 2010 at 19:46 , Blogger Anne said...

What a gorgeous card- soooo very elegant!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home