This page has moved to a new address.

Thank you

lime doodle: Thank you

2 October 2010

Thank you


It's World Card Making Day. Yey! Although here in the UK it's almost over, so I'm sneaking this post in right at the close of the day! I sort of had some time to make cards during the day as I went to a make and take event hosted by our local SU! ladies. Thank you girls I had a lovely time. I also managed to finish this card at home this evening. I know the photo is really bad - it's been taken in the dark and I am hopeless unless I have lots of natural light. I promise I will take another photo tomorrow morning and edit this post then, but I wanted to post at least something today.





Edited to insert better photos. Although the weather here today is grim and the photos aren't really any better. I've added a detail shot to hopefully show the lovely glitter and sparkle.


So the card is based on this weeks sketch from 2 sketches 4 you. I squished the shape from portrait to landscape and the rectangle transformed into a circle but I hope you can see where I was coming from!



I had a much busier card started but didn't like it and started again, parring down until I found something I liked. I embossed the flourish stamp first so I could see where to apply stickles glitter then embellished with a few rhinestones. In real life it is so sparkly! Hopefully tomorrow's photo will show it off better. Well I'm going to call it a day. I hope you all enjoyed your World Card Making Day.

Supplies:

Stamps - PTI fancy flourishes, WMS say it with style
Ink - SU! chocolate chip
Card - PTI rustic white
Paper - Crate Paper brook collection border stickers
PTI moss rhinestones
Stickles star dust

Debby

5 Comments:

At 2 October 2010 at 22:08 , Blogger Keva said...

I love it. The flourish over the circle and the base looks great. I like the idea of embossing then applying stickles. Really pretty!

 
At 3 October 2010 at 11:46 , Blogger Sue Ann said...

LOVE the glitter flourish!!! Lovely~~

 
At 3 October 2010 at 14:10 , Blogger Kay D said...

Oooh, LOVE the glittery flourish!

 
At 3 October 2010 at 17:25 , Blogger Unknown said...

that flourish certainly adds pazazz to your card - love it
Thanks for joining us this week at 2S4Y
:) Kazan

 
At 3 October 2010 at 18:20 , Blogger BethieJ said...

I LOVE it! That flourish is WONDERFUL!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home