This page has moved to a new address.

Exciting news!

lime doodle: Exciting news!

19 May 2011

Exciting news!

Well I've been sitting on some exciting news - I've been asked to be on the design team of the new challenge blog For Your Inspiration! Of course I jumped at the chance - have you seen their amazing inspiration photos! Have a little look at the photo for this weeks challenge!


Isn't that just fabulous! I love the bold dramatic colours, in particular the colours set on to black on the right of the photo. Here's the card I made.


A totally CAS card to give to my son. My eldest is a swimmer - absolutely loves it, but had a swim meet on the weekend which didn't live up to his hopes and targets he had set himself. This card is to encourage him to meet those targets and reach his dreams. I know he can do it and I thought the rising strips of colour taken from the inspiration photo reminded me of rising levels. The sentiment "Take it to the next level" just fit the bill perfectly.


Pop on over to For Your Inspiration and join in the fun!

Debby

Supplies:

Stamps - PTI boy basics game on
Inks - Versafine onyx black
Card - SU real red, pumpkin pie, summer sun, old olive, pacific point, basic black
Punch -SU word window

17 Comments:

At 19 May 2011 at 07:25 , Blogger Michelle said...

Wow, Debby! Just about every card you do inspires me, and this one is no different. I love it. I have always loved rainbows, and any rainbow-inpspired colour combination always brings me a smile. Your son will love it.
Michelle.

 
At 19 May 2011 at 08:09 , Blogger Isha Gupta said...

Wow!! stunning card and Congratulations.

 
At 19 May 2011 at 08:31 , Blogger Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Debby!

Itotally love this card!! The combo of the 'dark-bright' colors and the black and white looks awesome, I think and them going up is just perfect!!! I love, love, love it!!!

Hugs, Wendy

 
At 19 May 2011 at 10:48 , Blogger Jen W. said...

CAS perfection. Love it!

 
At 19 May 2011 at 10:50 , Blogger Stephanie said...

Debby.........CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so excited for you and you've proved that being on the DT was right up your alley with that awesome card you made. I love it! Simple and perfect!

 
At 19 May 2011 at 10:59 , Blogger Lynn said...

Awesome! This card is absolutely fabulous and big congrats on the DT!

 
At 19 May 2011 at 12:24 , Blogger Dana said...

A perfect play on words to match the ascending hot air balloons. Pure eye candy Debby!

 
At 19 May 2011 at 12:31 , Blogger Lindsay said...

Perfectly CAS and awesome! I could stare at this all day and congrats about your DT spot! Fun!

 
At 19 May 2011 at 13:37 , Blogger Sara Mac said...

What a great card for this challenge Debby!! I love the bars of color rising to the next level. SO excited for this new venture we've embarked on:)

 
At 19 May 2011 at 14:21 , Blogger StephC said...

Wow, this is stunning! So simple yet so bold. I love everything about it! :)

 
At 19 May 2011 at 15:47 , Blogger Wanda Cullen said...

Debby, your card is such an amazing interpretation and I'm so glad you've joined the FYI team! The story behind this great card makes it even more special!

 
At 19 May 2011 at 16:38 , Blogger Sarah said...

Such a clean, simple card. You rocked that challenge!

 
At 20 May 2011 at 03:50 , Blogger dstandard said...

Your card stunned me from the moment I saw it . I'm totally in love with your interpretation. Awesome . Im going to suck up some inspiration here !!

 
At 20 May 2011 at 16:47 , Blogger Jen Carter said...

Love the look of this card and your take on the challenge!! This is really fabulous, love the colors and the design elements!

 
At 20 May 2011 at 19:16 , Blogger Amber said...

Perfect card. Perfect interpretation! Perfect photographs. I think you get the point! Great job, as always.

 
At 21 May 2011 at 19:49 , Blogger Aimes said...

Huge CONGRATS, Debby! Obviously I'm not surprised that you've been snapped up for a DT but I'm still so happy for you and I'll be looking forward to what beauties you create for this new challenge blog!
Hugs!
Aimes
x

 
At 25 May 2011 at 18:29 , Blogger Jessica said...

Love so much that I wish I had made it :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home