This page has moved to a new address.

lil' inker designs blog hop day 2

lime doodle: lil' inker designs blog hop day 2

20 September 2011

lil' inker designs blog hop day 2

This is my second post today - please scroll down for my There She Goes projects.

Wohoo, it's finally time for me to share one of the exciting new products being released by Lil' Inker Designs! Hopefully as part of the new release blog hop you've come from Julie's blog and if so you are right on track. If not make sure you start at the beginning at Laura's blog where you can also find out about the prizes on offer this week!

Well, how about I show you a little graphic for Lil' Inker Designs new die entitled "fringe flower".



This die is so much fun! First up let's have a look at what this die can do. Isn't this flower just gorgeous!


If you've been visiting me for a while you'll know that I do love to fancy up my gifts! And this die is perfect for the job. The die is 8.5 inches wide and 1.25 inches high with little cut lines all along it's width. I use a cuttlebug for my die cutting - love my little bug! I cut my piece from Papertrey Ink's  harvest gold felt - a lovely thick felt which produces a full bloom. I laid my die on the felt and roughly cut  around it. Then I used some scortape to adhere the die to the felt - don't want that felt moving about! I popped my felt/die sandwich on my cutting plates. As the die is 8.5 inches it doesn't cut in one go through the cuttlebug but it's so easy - I just ran the felt/die through my bug with as much between the plates as possible, then I simply pushed my felt/die sandwich in a bit further and ran it through again to cut the remaining end of the die.


At this point you simply fold the felt in half along the short edges - I used a piece of tape to hold it in place and then start rolling this beauty up from one end all the way along. Again I used a piece of tape to keep it in place as I rolled. Finally from the underside of the flower I pushed the center up slightly to give the petals room to fluff out. Click here for a tutorial that Laura put together.

Now it's time for you to hop along and next on the list is Teresa's blog! However, if you get lost on the way, here's a list of all the places to visit today.

Laura
Emily
Julie
Debby - that's me, you are here now!
Teresa
Ariana
LID store

Before you go please leave a little comment here and on any of the other blogs you visit today - there are $10 shopping sprees to be had! You have until Sunday 25th September to complete the hop and winners will be announced on the Lil' Inker Shop Blog on Monday 26th September.

Supplies:



Dies - Lil Inker Designs fringe flower die, Sizzlets leaf
Ribbon - Stampin' Up
Twine - Stampin' Up
Paper - Stampin' Up



Labels:

29 Comments:

At 20 September 2011 at 05:06 , Blogger Keva said...

You always do such a beautiful job on gifts. I love this. The flower is so so pretty here.

 
At 20 September 2011 at 05:33 , Blogger Julie Ranae said...

Debby...I always love what you do and this package is so sweetly wrapped...I love how you used the felt and helped the team along the way to make it work : )

 
At 20 September 2011 at 05:40 , Blogger Jen Carter said...

Debby, I LOVE it!!! So great that you used this on a package!! Who wouldn't want to receive that!!

 
At 20 September 2011 at 07:35 , Blogger Margriet Tournier said...

This flower is gorgeous!

 
At 20 September 2011 at 08:36 , Blogger Robin said...

The flower is amazing... looks so well on top of the pressie!!
Robin

 
At 20 September 2011 at 12:13 , Blogger Cassie said...

Beautiful, Debby! What a fun way to finish off a package :D

 
At 20 September 2011 at 12:58 , Blogger Karen B. said...

A fantastic way to gussy up a gift! Gorgeous colors.

 
At 20 September 2011 at 14:55 , Blogger Emily Keaton said...

What a sweet package topper! I love it. :)

 
At 20 September 2011 at 15:02 , Blogger Emily Leiphart said...

What stunning gift-wrap, Debby! That flower just melts into the package. I love the colours and would not want to open this. Teehee!

 
At 20 September 2011 at 15:11 , Blogger Vanessa Middleton said...

My birthday's in November. Just sayin'!!! ;) Love your flower gift bow. So pretty!!!

 
At 20 September 2011 at 17:27 , Blogger Laura Pryor said...

Oh Debby. This is just so incredibly lovely!! This is a GORGEOUS gift! I don't know if there's anything in it but WHO CARES when the wrapping looks like that! Your Fringe Flower is perfect in yellow and your patterned paper leaves are just the perfect match!!! Oh I'm so loving this!

 
At 20 September 2011 at 18:08 , Blogger Chunyuan said...

THis is so sweet. Love the gift wrapping and felt flower.

 
At 20 September 2011 at 18:36 , Blogger Aimes said...

Wrapping in style with this gorgeous felt flower, Debby!!! I always adore the way you package your gifts - your recipients are soooooo lucky (I'd never be able to open a gift from you! LOL!)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

 
At 20 September 2011 at 19:58 , Blogger Unknown said...

beautiful package Debby :) that flower is perfect...love it in felt!

 
At 20 September 2011 at 21:55 , Blogger *Alison* said...

Oh my heavens what a wonderful idea.. :) I love that you have used it on a gift.. who wouldn't want this? so beautiful! hugs

 
At 20 September 2011 at 22:34 , Blogger Super Jen said...

OOOOOH! Fluffy!!!!

 
At 20 September 2011 at 23:12 , Blogger Lisa said...

OMGee I adore this flower done in felt! What a beautiful packaging job!

 
At 21 September 2011 at 00:45 , Blogger Marlena M. said...

Oh, this is so cute...I love the way the flower coordinates with the paper! ;)

 
At 21 September 2011 at 01:47 , Blogger Angie said...

I was thinking this die would be a great gift topper and you showed me it's true. Love it.

 
At 21 September 2011 at 03:04 , Blogger Dana said...

So cute!! Makes a great present topper!!

 
At 21 September 2011 at 03:53 , Blogger Lori said...

What a fabulous way to dress up a gift!

 
At 21 September 2011 at 04:03 , Blogger Sue D said...

This is so great instead of a bow.

 
At 21 September 2011 at 14:41 , Blogger shescrafty said...

Gorgeous! What a pretty way to finish a gift!

 
At 21 September 2011 at 17:12 , Blogger Lisa Petrella said...

WOWZERS!!! What a STUNNING package!!! LOVE this!

 
At 21 September 2011 at 17:15 , Blogger Nancy L. said...

the die is so cute and your project is perfect (as always)!

 
At 21 September 2011 at 19:00 , Blogger Karen Day said...

This is such a cute flower! Love it as a bow :o)

 
At 22 September 2011 at 11:49 , Blogger Joanne Gilch said...

Wonderful inspiration...for a gift!!!
the flower can hold it's own on any creation, but this is the finest presentation of Lil Inkers fringe flower.

 
At 22 September 2011 at 16:42 , Blogger Basiljen said...

This is just beautiful - I wouldn't want to open the package! Brilliant!

 
At 22 September 2011 at 19:26 , Blogger Lizscraps said...

I am truly falling in love with how felt looks with this die -- that flower is so pretty.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home