This page has moved to a new address.

cas-ual fridays 52–cuteness alert

lime doodle: cas-ual fridays 52–cuteness alert

11 May 2012

cas-ual fridays 52–cuteness alert



It’s so great that every Friday I can now pop in here with a CAS-ual Fridays challenge! This week it’s all about our feathered friends. I recently made an owl card which I had in mind for my niece's birthday. Here it is:

cfc52owl1

Well for her birthday she wanted an iTunes voucher, so I decided to continue the theme with a wee gift card envelope made from Papertrey Ink’s seed packet die. I followed the layout of my original card but omitted the chevrons as I didn’t want to overcrowd the front panel. I looped some ribbon around the envelope and under the front panel to keep everything closed. Also this means the envelope can be used again.

cfc52owl

I also wanted to pop an extra little something into the parcel, so while in town my daughter and I spent some time ummming and ahhhhing over a little bit of makeup. We settled on a lovely shimmery lip gloss which I again wrapped up in the same theme.

cfc52owl3

Here’s the final group shot. I can’t take group shot photos! I just don’t seem to be able to get the right angle, but you get the idea.



cfc52owl4

Finally I created a little purple and aqua box out of textured card and popped everything inside but I forgot to take a picture of that part! Silly me! Anyway, I hope you get the chance to play along :) Oh and Annabelle Stamps are our sponsors this week with a $20 gift certificate – make sure you pop by the CAS-ual Fridays blog for all the details.



Here’s the lineup so you can fill up on inspiration:

Michele Gross - The Boss
Christina MacLaren
Dana Seymour
Debby Hughes - that's me!
Gayatri Murani
Jenny Mullens
Julie Day
Karolyn Loncon
Kimberley Lane
Laurie Willison
Lorena Canto
Lynn Mangan
Virginia Lu

Not forgetting the facebook team who will be posting to facebook and their blogs during the week:

Angie Tieman
Deb Wabbe
Lisa Addesa
Stephanie Washburn
Suzanne Dahlberg

Have a fabulous weekend!

Supplies: Stamps – The Craft's Meow whoo's birthday, Papertrey Ink turning a new leaf, Paper Smooches sentiment sampler; Inks - Amuse bermuda, Versafine onyx black; Die – Papertrey Ink seed packet; Clear embossing powder; Markers; Pearls; Ribbon – Papertrey Ink royal velvet

Labels:

23 Comments:

At 11 May 2012 at 05:19 , Blogger Sandy said...

This is so adorable. Sandy :)

 
At 11 May 2012 at 06:51 , Blogger aaga said...

This design is still soooooo cute! Tfs!

 
At 11 May 2012 at 07:07 , Blogger Makalah said...

purple and aqua is such a pretty color combo! love those owls!

 
At 11 May 2012 at 07:47 , Blogger Wida said...

Perfect-o!

 
At 11 May 2012 at 09:00 , Blogger Jenny said...

A perfect gift set Debby :0)

 
At 11 May 2012 at 10:53 , Blogger Lynn said...

Debby, this is such a fabulous set! I love the very subtle chevrons and the touch of pearls.

 
At 11 May 2012 at 11:28 , Blogger Miriam Prantner said...

LOVE THESE!!!!! You are so right, unbearably cute. Fabulously CAS, and I love the colors you chose!

 
At 11 May 2012 at 12:15 , Blogger Casandra Bennett said...

Adorable gifts. :)

 
At 11 May 2012 at 12:34 , Blogger Deirdre said...

Fabulous Debby - love how you packaged everything.

 
At 11 May 2012 at 14:30 , Blogger ~amy~ said...

LOVE this to pieces!!!

 
At 11 May 2012 at 15:57 , Blogger Tracey McNeely said...

What an adorable set you created Debby. Love the owl and the purple is fantastic. My favourite colour!

 
At 11 May 2012 at 19:49 , Blogger Karen Aicken said...

I love SETS and this is totally cute. Nicely done!
Cheers, Karen

 
At 11 May 2012 at 21:20 , Blogger Marlena M. said...

Your set is incredible! I love the colors you used.

 
At 11 May 2012 at 23:55 , Blogger Mary-Anne V said...

What a beautiful set...love your colouring of the cute owl.

 
At 12 May 2012 at 03:16 , Blogger Suzanne said...

Cuteness is SO right! I love the tag! And your coloring is perfect...but the little detail of the pale leaf image...swoon. You're just the best!

 
At 12 May 2012 at 04:53 , Blogger Darnell said...

So stinkin' cute! I was going to make grad cards, but never got around to it. I'm saving this for inspiration next year!

 
At 12 May 2012 at 12:58 , Blogger Deb said...

Love this!!! You did a fantastic job combining blue and purple, I must say. Just stinking adorable!!!

 
At 12 May 2012 at 17:56 , Blogger Michele Gross said...

Oh my goodness, I can't say enough nice things about your project! It is off the hook adorable and I'm just swooning over it :) What an awesome present!!

 
At 12 May 2012 at 20:15 , Blogger Aimes said...

so. seriously. CUTE.
I think I'm getting toothache, it's so darn cute! :D
Hugs!
x

 
At 12 May 2012 at 21:54 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Debby, I almost fainted when I saw all this cuteness together!

 
At 14 May 2012 at 23:43 , Blogger Cathy A said...

Debby what a fabulous set

 
At 15 May 2012 at 01:39 , Blogger Christina said...

This is so seriously darling! Any girl would swoon over this pretty little gift--who cares what's inside? LOL!

 
At 15 May 2012 at 17:58 , Blogger Marybeth said...

Love the colors and coloring you did on this adorable little bird set! As always ….. Gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home