This page has moved to a new address.

Proud of you

lime doodle: Proud of you

9 May 2011

Proud of you


I used the colours of this weeks CR84FN challenge to make a little encouragement card for my daughter. She's at the age where she notices and worries about the differences between herself and her friend's. I just want to let her know to be confident in herself and that those differences are just fine. What a boring world it would be if we were all the same!



I'm never sure you get the true effect of glitter on screen, but believe me this card is extra sparkly in real life. Each of the turtles has cute glittery spots, but I used pink glitter on just one little turtle. I wanted the difference to be there but not too different if you know what I mean! I didn't want her to think I was saying she is a different species or anything! Just proud that she is the beautiful individual that she is.



And as I'm giving this to my daughter as soon as she gets back from school, then I'm going to pop this card in the "make-it and mail-it challenge" by Lisa Spangler - which encourages us to use the cards we make. It might not be going in the mail as such but is being delivered and with a hug too. Oh and an add on was to dress up the envelope, so I added one little turtle and some masking tape - must do this more often as it looks soooo cute!


Debby


Supplies :
Stamps - PTI tiny treats birthday, tiny tags
Inks - Memento tuxedo black
Card - PTI rustic white, raspberry fizz
Dies - Spellbinders labels 4
Copics - T1
Glitter
Button
Twine

25 Comments:

At 9 May 2011 at 10:30 , Blogger Jen W. said...

So sweet! That turtle image is adorable. What a lovely card for your daughter.

 
At 9 May 2011 at 10:40 , Blogger Elena said...

very cute! hope it puts a big smile on your little gir's face :)

 
At 9 May 2011 at 10:54 , Blogger Mona Pendleton said...

So cute Debby! I am sure your daughter will treasure this! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

 
At 9 May 2011 at 11:47 , Blogger Keva said...

Debby, this is am adorable card. Love the little turtles and the idea behind it. I have to say, though, that I laughed out line at your line about "not a different species". Ahh, that was funny. That's exactly something my daughter would think. Have a great day!

 
At 9 May 2011 at 12:29 , Blogger Wendy ten Hove said...

This is soooo cute, Debby! I love this tiny image and it's just perfect the way you used it!!! Love, love, love it!!!
Hugs, Wendy

 
At 9 May 2011 at 12:59 , Blogger Debbie Gaydos said...

Oh my gosh, that is soooooo cute! I really need to use those tiny treats images more, I love them but I never think of fun ways to incorporate them, like this! Thanks for the inspiration!

 
At 9 May 2011 at 14:22 , Blogger Lindsay said...

Oh how cute Debbie! What an adorable CAS card! Love the matching invie!

 
At 9 May 2011 at 14:34 , Blogger Deborah Frings said...

Debby - this is so cute. Love the little turtles and the sweet sparkle - your daughter will love it! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

 
At 9 May 2011 at 17:09 , Blogger Marisa said...

This is fabulous. Love the fact you made it for your daughter to encourage her to be who she is - well done mum :)

 
At 9 May 2011 at 17:16 , Blogger sideoats + scribbles said...

GAH! This is just so cute! The turtles! The glitter! And the tape? LOVE!

Thanks so much for playing along in the Make-It and Mail-It challenge! HUGS! :)

 
At 9 May 2011 at 19:04 , Blogger Sue Lelli said...

Debby, Good for YOU to celebrate the differences with your daughter! It is just so HARD to explain but your card says it ALL! LOVE the glitter and the turtles and the polka dot strip on the envie! FAB story, FAB card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

 
At 9 May 2011 at 19:24 , Blogger Craftyangel said...

gorgeous, simply sweet turtle. colour combo fab too

 
At 9 May 2011 at 22:08 , Blogger Margriet Tournier said...

This card is sooooo cute!

 
At 10 May 2011 at 00:02 , Blogger Otter Hill Designs said...

So sweet - love it!

 
At 10 May 2011 at 01:33 , Blogger Unknown said...

Sweet card, Debby! Love the turtles and glitter! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

 
At 10 May 2011 at 03:39 , Blogger jimlynn said...

CAS and simply WONDERFUL!!! Love this.
Lynn

 
At 10 May 2011 at 04:15 , Blogger judy said...

Adorable card! I love your CAS style!

 
At 10 May 2011 at 09:18 , Blogger Jen Adcock said...

Slow and steady absolutely wins the race. So adorable. This is truly a hug with a fold in the middle.

 
At 10 May 2011 at 10:07 , Blogger Ann said...

LOVE it - such a simple card but SO effective! Great to see the decorated envelope too - I love to do this myself and the addition of tape is inspired!

 
At 10 May 2011 at 17:29 , Blogger Ginny said...

very, very cute! Also love how you decorated the envelope. Great job!

 
At 11 May 2011 at 01:59 , Blogger Andrea M said...

Debby! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card!!! WOW! It's CAS and absolutely PERFECT!!! I love the shimmery shell on the turtles! What a brilliant way to tell your daughter it's ok to be herself! I ADORE this card!!! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!

 
At 11 May 2011 at 20:15 , Blogger Monica K. said...

So cute!! I had to go back and look at the Tiny Treats Birthday set. I never noticed the turtle before, but I really love it! This card would also be really cute with some of the other animals too. :)

 
At 12 May 2011 at 02:13 , Blogger DF said...

This is soo sweet! Love your idea!

 
At 12 May 2011 at 05:14 , Blogger Amy Kolling said...

A cute card and an adorable matching envie? You are so talented Debby....and always amaze me with your creations! Did you say that is decorative masking tape?

 
At 16 May 2011 at 04:41 , Blogger Wanda Cullen said...

This is such a WOW CAS card! I just love the simplicity yet big statement that the images make! Too cute!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home