This page has moved to a new address.

case study challenge 60

lime doodle: case study challenge 60

6 October 2011

case study challenge 60

Wow, the start of a new month. At CASE study we all know what that means - a new muse! To delight us this month we have non other than the fabulous Niki Estes! To start us off we have this wonderful creation from Niki.

I took some advice from one of my team mates; the amazing Cristina. Here was her advice in a previous CASE study post:

"Usually when I CASE cards for these challenges, I look at the card for as brief a time as I can, then walk away, and jot down the first three elements I remember about the card. ....... Then I try to mash those elements together in whatever way works for me."

I think that's great advice and I tried it for today's challenge. From Niki's card I took the circle, butterfly and horizontal ribbon and here's what I came up with.


Supplies: Stamps - There She Goes sentimental birthday, Papertrey Ink happy trails, beautiful blooms II; Inks - Amuse papaya, grass, Versacolor paprika; Twine - The Twinery caribbean; Dies - Papertrey Ink happy trails, beautiful blooms II, Spellbinders circles

I hope you can see that the elements from Niki's card are there but put together in my way. Thanks for the advice Cristina!



Please pop by the rest of the DT to see how Niki inspired them.

Chupa (owner)
Amy
Andrea
Clare
Cristina
Debby - that's me!
Jean
Julie
Teneale
Teresa

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 6 October 2011 at 05:35 , Blogger Keva said...

I love how you make every card into your style. I definitely see the inspiration you took from Niki's card. Very pretty!

 
At 6 October 2011 at 08:08 , Blogger Michelle said...

I'm going to try that advice too, Debby. Your take on Niki's card is gorgeous! And I CAN see how you were inspired, despite the difference.

 
At 6 October 2011 at 12:27 , Blogger Julie said...

So beautiful! Love what you've done. The colors and all the layers just rock!

 
At 6 October 2011 at 12:56 , Blogger Teresa Kline said...

I luv this, very sweet mixture of shapes and colors!

enjoy *~*

 
At 6 October 2011 at 15:36 , Blogger Leigh Penner said...

Super pretty! I love all the white space and how you layered the butterfly, circle and flowers!

 
At 6 October 2011 at 16:55 , Blogger Niki Estes said...

Such a pretty card, Debby! I love the CAS design and all the white with the pops of color!

 
At 7 October 2011 at 00:46 , Blogger carol (krillsister) said...

You did a super job and made it your own.

 
At 7 October 2011 at 03:38 , Blogger Jen Adcock said...

Brava! What a wonderful CASE Debby. So unique! Love the crisp white and dashing pops of color. Very pretty.

 
At 7 October 2011 at 04:35 , Blogger Brenda said...

That's a beautiful CAS card Debby! I love your interpretation!

 
At 7 October 2011 at 19:25 , Blogger Marybeth said...

Love it, it's a beautiful card!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home