This page has moved to a new address.

happy birthday

lime doodle: happy birthday

21 October 2011

happy birthday

Ok I know that's a pretty tame post title but it's all I can come up with this time! Let's move quickly on to some pictures!

Supplies: Stamps - Waltzingmouse frame it, Stampin' Up four frames; Inks - Colorbox moss green, Versamark; Card - Stampin' Up sahara sand; white embossing powder; Die - LID fringe flower; Punch - Stampin' Up; Ribbon - Papertrey Ink royal velvet ribbon

I love Lil' Inker Designs fringe flower die and wanted to try it out on a different medium. I backed some pretty fabric with iron on fusible interfacing to give it a bit more stability and then cut a flower from it. The result is sooooo pretty! I backed it with some folded ribbon and a die cut. I embossed a sentiment on to some sahara sand card - this colour is proving to be my second favourite for card bases - behind white of course!

Such a simple card but it packs a big punch in my opinion.

Short and sweet from me again today! Have a great weekend!

Labels:

14 Comments:

At 21 October 2011 at 05:11 , Blogger Michelle said...

Gorgeous! I love that little flower. I also love the colours you've used. :-)

 
At 21 October 2011 at 07:40 , Blogger Alexandra Seußler said...

wow, sehr schön und so schlicht.
liebe grüße
alexandra

 
At 21 October 2011 at 13:43 , Blogger Nancy said...

This is such a gorgeous card, love the CAS look, but check out that flower, nothing simple lookin' about that. Thanks for the tip about "Lil Inker" too.

 
At 21 October 2011 at 15:27 , Blogger Jennifer Rzasa said...

Debby, this is stunning! I love that card base color too!

 
At 21 October 2011 at 16:00 , Blogger Mandy said...

Absolutely stunning Debby!

 
At 21 October 2011 at 16:17 , Blogger Elena said...

Love the fabric flower! What a great tip to back the fabric with fusible (you know, for us clueless types, lol)

 
At 21 October 2011 at 16:45 , Blogger Nancy L. said...

love it!!! its super CAS and cute!

 
At 21 October 2011 at 17:30 , Blogger Sarah said...

Oooh! So pretty! I tried making a fringe flower with fabric, but didn't use a stabilizer. No luck. I'm so glad to see that it worked for you with the interfacing.

 
At 21 October 2011 at 19:22 , Blogger Brenda said...

What a totally beautiful design with exquisite colours!

 
At 22 October 2011 at 23:30 , Blogger Kathy Martin said...

GREAT flower! :)

 
At 23 October 2011 at 21:37 , Blogger Clare said...

FAB CAS design as always! LOVE that flower... another die I'll just HAVE to get!

 
At 23 October 2011 at 22:51 , Blogger Theresa said...

WOW!! This is amazing. Beatifully done.

 
At 25 October 2011 at 03:28 , Blogger Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

This is such a cute card!!

 
At 25 October 2011 at 05:28 , Blogger Jen Carter said...

Debby, I love this!! That flower looks stunning!! So pretty!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home