This page has moved to a new address.

there she goes dollar find friday

lime doodle: there she goes dollar find friday

6 January 2012

there she goes dollar find friday

It's my turn today to host the Dollar Find Friday post over on the There She Goes blog. I thought it would be fun to share it here too.


While wondering what project to do for today's post I browsed the stationary department of the local supermarket and came across some sticky notes. I've seen some great sticky note projects recently so thought I'd have a go myself and at 27p a pack they were a bargain!

I love to make fun party invites and I thought that I could incorporate these sticky notes into a play on words invitation.

Supplies: Stamps - There She Goes zoo-pendous; Inks - Memento tuxedo black; Card - Stampin' Up basic gray; Paper - Echo Park victoria gardens; Dies - Spellbinders squares, Papertrey Ink small scallop; Markers - Flex, Copic & Promarkers; Tesco sticky notes

I computer generated a punny speech bubble to pair up with the ostrich from one of my favourite sets, zoo-pendous.


Then I printed a party invite onto the first sticky note.


My thinking was the sticky note could be adhered to the family calendar/fridge door while leaving a cute sticky note pad to keep on using.

Edited to add: to get the party invite on the sticky note - create a text box in a word document with all the details, print it out, then stick the note over the top, put the paper back in the printer and reprint. You can then take the printed sticky note and pop it back on the note pad. Hope that helps!

Well here's to the start of the weekend! Have a good one!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 6 January 2012 at 14:23 , Blogger Jackie Rockwell said...

Debby, what a clever Dollar Find Project! It's fantastic!

 
At 6 January 2012 at 20:28 , Blogger Tina Lisenby said...

Your projects always bring a smile to my face. That's an adorable card and love how you incorporated the sticky note. I wish I could by some of those here in the US!!

 
At 6 January 2012 at 20:28 , Blogger Tina Lisenby said...

I meant to say "buy" some of those sticky notes here in the US

 
At 6 January 2012 at 20:32 , Blogger Vicki Dutcher said...

Very fun -- HOW did you get the invite so perfect on that sticky????

 
At 6 January 2012 at 21:20 , Blogger Karol L said...

Love this idea as well. I am also curious as well How did you get the invite on the sticky note?

 
At 6 January 2012 at 23:07 , Blogger Kelly S. said...

OMG this is the BEST idea, Debbie! I'm pinning it! What a fun and practical party invite :)!

 
At 11 January 2012 at 10:52 , Blogger Marlena M. said...

Adorable! Thanks for the tips on how to print a sticky note. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home