This page has moved to a new address.

cas-ual fridays challenge 79

lime doodle: cas-ual fridays challenge 79

16 November 2012

cas-ual fridays challenge 79

This is my second post today - please scroll down for my There She Goes post :)

Now, it's time for this week's challenge from CAS-ual Fridays!


Actually, on this occasion,  this is a two week challenge and the theme is "Winter Blues" - we want to see you use blue on your card or project :) Our sponsor this week is non other than CAS-ual Fridays Stamps as we continue to showcase Michele's new release!


For my card today I used two of the new sets - Snowflake Greetings and Merry Kiss-mass. I wanted to play around at making a good old fashioned snowman from two circles - just how the real ones are made! I used two sizes of Spellbinders circles and then dressed up my snowman with Ranger black enamel accents for the eyes and buttons and a simple triangle of card coloured with copics for his nose. The fun part came when making him a hat though - I used the present from Merry Kiss-mass (minus the bow) and a little holly decoration :)




I white embossed the sentiment onto some blue card and added a little chevron strip of patterned paper below. Here's a close up of my snowman. It won't be long before I'm sure we will be seeing the real deal around here :)



Fancy some more inspiration? There should be lots more sneak peeks from these fab ladies: 

Angie
Christina
Dana
Deb
Gayatri
Karen
Kimberly
Laurie
Lisa
Lorena
Lynn
Piali
Suzanne
Virginia

Supplies: Stamps - CAS-ual Fridays Stamps snowflake greetings, merry kiss-mas; Inks - Versamark, Memento tuxedo black; Card - Stampin' Up island indigo; Paper - Sn@p your life; Dies - Spellbinders circles; Embossing Powder - Hero Arts white; Ranger black enamel accents

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 16 November 2012 at 07:17 , Blogger Caroline said...

Fantastic card I love the snowman and the simple layout is so effective. Caroline xxx

 
At 16 November 2012 at 07:31 , Blogger aaga said...

Ha! I'm so gonna try something similar. Thanks for the inspiration!

 
At 16 November 2012 at 11:27 , Blogger MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Cute,cute,cute snowman! Just love this card!

 
At 16 November 2012 at 14:49 , Blogger Marlena M. said...

Such a precious snowman! He's a doll~

 
At 16 November 2012 at 16:38 , Blogger Jamie said...

I absolutely love this, so cute!

 
At 16 November 2012 at 16:44 , Blogger Mandy said...

Stunning !

xx

 
At 16 November 2012 at 23:26 , Blogger mariangel said...

i love your card congrats

 
At 18 November 2012 at 16:01 , Blogger Lynn said...

This is oh so sweet Debby! I love that adorable little snowman and his sweet little hat.

 
At 18 November 2012 at 17:12 , Blogger Beate said...

I love how you created the snowman. Adorable card.
Hugs and smiles

 
At 20 November 2012 at 05:22 , Blogger Glenda J said...

This is absolutely fantastic! Love this perfect CAS card!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home