This page has moved to a new address.

amazing friend

lime doodle: amazing friend

27 January 2013

amazing friend

In a review of CHA, Cath Edvalson highlighted a colour trend - mint and orange. I was inspired by her review to give this colour combination a go.




The flower is Hero Arts Classic Tea Flower stamped in Versacolor mint and the sentiment from Friends Sayings is heat embossed onto a scrap of black card. The striped orange paper set everything off and I really like the colours together. I set the tag onto a kraft card base which I'd stamped with my go to background stamp of the moment; Hero Arts Tweed Pattern.


As this is a new colour combination for me I'm going to pop this over to Hero Arts January contest - to try something new :)


I can't wait for the first instalment of Clean & Simple 2 from Online Card Classes! The class goes live at about 9am EST tomorrow. As time allows I'm hoping to join in as much as possible :)

Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts tweed pattern s5654, friend sayings cl351, classic tea flower h5577; Inks - Versamark, Versacolor mint; Card - Papertrey Ink kraft, Stampin' Up basic black; Paper - Simple Stories sn@p color vibe 6x6; Hero Arts white embossing powder; Hemptique twine

-->

13 Comments:

At 27 January 2013 at 21:47 , Blogger Taheerah said...

I love mint green and orange, and I so love this card!! The sentiment just grabs you, the background is so nice and subtle, and that pop of orange stripes - just perfect!!

 
At 27 January 2013 at 22:05 , Blogger Mandy said...

beautiful card Debby. Really looking forward to Clean & Simple 2, this is the first online class I've signed up for. Hoping to learn lots of tips !

xx

 
At 27 January 2013 at 22:05 , Blogger ~amy~ said...

gasp...soooo pretty!

 
At 27 January 2013 at 22:09 , Blogger Laurie said...

Gorgeous Debby! I love the pop of red!

 
At 28 January 2013 at 00:08 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just love this clean and stylish card and LOVE that HA tweet stamp too! hugs me x

 
At 28 January 2013 at 02:02 , Blogger Kelly Latevola said...

Gorgeous card Debby! I would never thought to put orange and mint together let alone throw in some black and kraft, looks beautiful :)

 
At 28 January 2013 at 06:33 , Blogger Renuka said...

Love that color combination.. And I tried the subtle background.. didn't look that great on my card though..

 
At 28 January 2013 at 11:39 , Blogger maria f. said...

What a great result - the delicate flower and that modern BG. The touch of black. All paired up with kraft - ya done Cath proud.

 
At 28 January 2013 at 13:40 , Blogger Anne said...

Hi Debby, it was really nice to meet you in Linlithgow on Saturday! Been coming to your blog for some time now and have always admired your creations, and this one is no exception - lovely!
Anne

 
At 28 January 2013 at 17:28 , Blogger Linda Beeson said...

Nice! You know I got myself that amazing Tweed background stamp because of you!!!

 
At 28 January 2013 at 20:15 , Blogger jintyoo7 said...

Stunning, Love how the tweed looks on kraft :)

 
At 28 January 2013 at 20:55 , Blogger Kristie Goulet said...

Gorgeous!!! LOVE!!!

 
At 28 January 2013 at 23:17 , Blogger Lea L. said...

This is fab! Love the stamped kraft background, and the sentiment strips running over top of the tag!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home