This page has moved to a new address.

For Your Inspiration #12

lime doodle: For Your Inspiration #12

18 August 2011

For Your Inspiration #12

This is my second post for today - please scroll down or click here to see my CASE study inspiration for this week.


For Your Inspiration #12 brings you a taste of autumn! Look at those blaze of leaves - colour, how I love colour!



I inked up the leaves of my tree in yellow then sponged orange around the edges of them. Then I added some buttons to really highlight those autumn colours. Notice those clouds - they are from Lil' Inker Designs and the reason I love them so much is that pierced edge. I often use a white background for my cards and white clouds can risk getting lost but with those pierced edges these clouds just pop right off the card!



Please pop by and see how the rest of the team were inspired!



  • Debbie
  • Debby - that's me!
  • Keva
  • Sara
  • Steph
  • Valerie
  • Wanda


  • Debby

    Supplies:



    Stamps - Papertrey Ink through the trees, Waltzingmouse Stamps say it loud,
    Inks - Stampin' Up early espresso, Papertrey Ink orange zest, Colorbox moss green, Martha Stewart meyer lemon
    Card - Papertrey Ink kraft, Stampin' Up old olive
    Dies - Lil' Inker Designs rainbow & cloud
    Stampin' Up twine

    Labels:

    16 Comments:

    At 18 August 2011 at 08:20 , Blogger Marion said...

    A beautiful card Debby. Love that tree with those cute buttons.

     
    At 18 August 2011 at 09:55 , Blogger euna said...

    Gorgeous card Debbie. Love the simplicity paired in with the autumn colours :)

     
    At 18 August 2011 at 13:58 , Blogger Gayatri said...

    Beautiful card, Debbie! I love the buttons on the tree.

     
    At 18 August 2011 at 14:33 , Blogger Keva said...

    Oh, I love it. That tree looks perfect sitting there with the added buttons. Great job, Debby! It's fantastic.

     
    At 18 August 2011 at 14:45 , Blogger StephC said...

    Gorgeous, as always!!

     
    At 18 August 2011 at 14:46 , Blogger Elise C. said...

    This is card is so gorgeous! I love everything about it! :)

     
    At 18 August 2011 at 15:05 , Blogger Call Me Crafty Al said...

    Adorable card. Love how you used the buttons in the tree.

     
    At 18 August 2011 at 19:28 , Blogger Sara Mac said...

    Debby I love your card! It made me laugh though because I almost used the exact same tree image with orange ink. Too funny. Love those sweet little clouds and your button accents.

     
    At 19 August 2011 at 04:42 , Blogger Denise said...

    The buttons are the perfect finishing touch! I love your little clouds and the overall design... darling!

     
    At 19 August 2011 at 11:35 , Blogger Elena said...

    gorgeous! I love the whole design of the card - and those clouds are adorable!

     
    At 19 August 2011 at 14:06 , Blogger Aimes said...

    May sound weird, but I had a dream about that PTI stamp set last night! Not sure why - I don't even own it! Maybe that means I need it?! LOL!
    A gorgeous card - totally my kinda colours :)
    If you want you can enter this into our current challenge on A Passion for Papertrey (I know that I wouldn't mind that card for my own birthday, but I also know a few guys who'd like that too!) no pressure though!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

     
    At 19 August 2011 at 20:34 , Blogger Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

    What a beautiful card! LOVE it -and many more here! Your blog is so inspiring to visit! Thanks!

     
    At 20 August 2011 at 00:10 , Blogger carol (krillsister) said...

    Lovely card. I like the use of the buttons in the tree.

     
    At 20 August 2011 at 14:34 , Blogger Marlena M. said...

    I love your card! The tree is awesome...I love the added buttons and those clouds are darling. ;)

     
    At 24 August 2011 at 04:19 , Blogger Amy Kolling said...

    Maybe I need Through the Trees after all! This is sooo pretty! Of course I love the clouds!!

     
    At 24 August 2011 at 05:03 , Blogger Sue said...

    You are so clever Debby, this is another stunner! love the sponged tree, another CAS beauty! :)

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home