This page has moved to a new address.

thank you

lime doodle: thank you

18 April 2012

thank you

Lets get straight to it shall we?! This card is for todays class at Online Card Classes which concentrates on shaped cards. I don't have a lot of larger dies, so this card is quite tiny - it uses the largest of the Spellbinders labels 4 dies.



Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts newspaper background, antique engravings, thank you messages; Inks - Distress Inks peeled paint, broken china, pumice stone Versacolor split pea, Hero Arts shadow ink wet cement, Versafine onyx black; Dies - Spellbinders labels 4, circles; Ribbon - Papertrey Ink

I must admit to being very inspired by Cristina's card here where she used neutrals with black die cuts and a pop of colour. Thanks for the inspiration Cristina! For my card base I added the newspaper background from Hero Arts in wet cement ink before inking the edges with pumice stone Distress Ink. The main embellishment is similar to one I created for my Dirty Dozen gallery last month. I masked a circle on white card stock and applied ink directly to the paper before sewing around and around. Finally I die cut the circle out then added the butterfly coloured with distress inks and the sentiment.

This card turned out to be quite detailed and inky for me - not so much my CAS style but it's always good to mix things up a bit!

I'm going to pop this over to Hero Arts April challenge gallery  for their shaped card element. Until tomorrow :) Although tomorrow will be quite busy with my CASE study card and For Your Inspiration card as well.

19 Comments:

At 18 April 2012 at 16:19 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Love it all. TFS

 
At 18 April 2012 at 16:22 , Blogger Sarah said...

This card turned out so well, Debby! I love the way the black banner anchors your bold colors.

 
At 18 April 2012 at 16:29 , Blogger Winnie said...

Love it Debby. The card shape and details are great. I LOVE the stitched circle and pretty butterfly.

 
At 18 April 2012 at 16:31 , Blogger Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Now, this is the type of sewing I can do!!
Beautiful card!!!

 
At 18 April 2012 at 16:57 , Blogger Virginia L. said...

This is one stunning card, Debby!Adore everything about it! Congrats on the Hero Arts Tweet over Splitcoast Stampers site!

 
At 18 April 2012 at 17:00 , Blogger Chunyuan said...

beautiful card. love the newspaper background and the black banner.

 
At 18 April 2012 at 17:28 , Blogger Deirdre said...

Love it Debby - stunning.

 
At 18 April 2012 at 18:02 , Blogger Dana said...

That stitching is awesome and just thinking about how you did it is making me dizzy!

 
At 18 April 2012 at 18:58 , Blogger Sandi said...

so pretty love how you made this card!

 
At 18 April 2012 at 19:13 , Blogger Nichol Magouirk said...

your card is BEAUTIFUL!!!

 
At 18 April 2012 at 19:28 , Blogger Robin K. said...

Love the stitched circle element! Your butterfly is just gorgeous!

 
At 18 April 2012 at 20:29 , Blogger Luckysmom said...

Beautiful card. I love the stitching behind your greeting.

 
At 18 April 2012 at 21:03 , Blogger mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Beyond stunning! Every bit of it is simply perfection.

 
At 18 April 2012 at 23:10 , Blogger Carla Crosby said...

I with you...I don't have many dies either BUT we both have this one lol! Love the tiny card and yellow and gray is one of my favorite color combos :)

 
At 19 April 2012 at 00:43 , Blogger Ginny said...

Lots in this card, and it's totally amazing!! I too love that neutral look, black die cut and a pop of color. Your butterfly is exquisite!!!

 
At 19 April 2012 at 01:53 , Blogger Suzanne said...

I'm crazy about that stitching, Debby!

 
At 19 April 2012 at 07:08 , Blogger Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

Wow, stitcherd and all!

 
At 3 May 2012 at 17:18 , Blogger Jane said...

Congrats Debbie on this card, i see you are a Hero Arts Fab 5 winner!!
I like everything about this card,but particularly like the shape.

 
At 3 May 2012 at 23:25 , Blogger Suzanne Russell said...

Congrats on the HA Fab 5 win! Well deserved for this outstanding card!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home