This page has moved to a new address.

cas-ual fridays 54

lime doodle: cas-ual fridays 54

25 May 2012

cas-ual fridays 54



TGIF! And of course Fridays mean CAS-ual Fridays! This week we are going all out for men! Create a card or project with a masculine theme that uses patterned paper.

This week our wonderful sponsors are Gina K. Designs and we got the amazing and sooooooo appropriately named Casual Friday papers to play with!

3 in logo- GKD

Casual-Friday-Cover-Sheet

These papers are gorgeous and the patterns are, well, so manly! I always love a few stripes, so combined the distressed yellow striped paper with some traditional masculine images and came up with this.



CFC54ginak

Not my usual eh? No white in sight! But even though this card doesn't look like my normal style the same design elements are there just more grungy! You know one of the things I love most about this – that little knotted, frayed piece of twine – it came off a shop label! The shop is one of those trendy, surfy sort and the label was all distressed with this twine attaching it and I just thought it was perfect for this card. I do like a bit of recycling!

I don’t think I’m alone when I say that I make more cards for females than males but the men in our life need a card too so I hope you can join us this week - lets show them some love! Here’s the rest of the crew in case you need a bit more inspiration:

Michele Gross - The Boss
Christina MacLaren
Dana Seymour
Debby Hughes - that's me!
Gayatri Murani
Jenny Mullens
Julie Day
Karolyn Loncon
Kimberley Lane
Laurie Willison
Lorena Canto
Lynn Mangan
Virginia Lu

Not forgetting the facebook team who will be posting to facebook and their blogs during the week:

Angie Tieman
Deb Wabbe
Lisa Addesa
Stephanie Washburn
Suzanne Dahlberg

Supplies: Stamps – Stampin’ Up the open sea; Inks – Distress Ink antique linen, Versacolor pine cone, Papertrey Ink chai, chamomile; Card – Papertrey Ink rustic cream, Stampin’ Up early espresso; Paper – Gina K Designs casual friday; Twine

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 25 May 2012 at 05:13 , Blogger Cristina said...

Woah! What a showstopper! Love this.

 
At 25 May 2012 at 05:35 , Blogger Ryann said...

Awesome card. Love the knot - what a great touch!

 
At 25 May 2012 at 05:44 , Blogger Gayatri said...

Wow! Debby, what a handsome masculine card. I love that knot too. Great touch.

 
At 25 May 2012 at 10:40 , Blogger Lynn said...

I am with you. I am in love, love, love with the knot. The subtle images are divine.

 
At 25 May 2012 at 14:43 , Blogger Chris said...

love this card, I pinned it, gave your name and web site.

 
At 25 May 2012 at 15:47 , Blogger Jenny said...

I spotted the natural twine too, just the perfect embellishment :0)

 
At 25 May 2012 at 16:47 , Blogger Sarah said...

Totally in love with this card. It's such a clean, simple, Debby card under those little distressed touches. The cord might be my favorite part -- way to recycle!

 
At 26 May 2012 at 00:59 , Blogger Christina said...

I love this card so much, Debby! All things nautical are a big hit with the men in my life, and the knotted twine adds the perfect bit of texture.

 
At 26 May 2012 at 02:30 , Blogger Suzanne said...

A-MAZ-ING, Debby! You are a crafty genius. I love it.

 
At 26 May 2012 at 02:56 , Blogger Lisa A. said...

What a handsome card, Debby!! You're right...that twine was absolutely PERFECT for this card...love the way you tied it...wonderful:)!!

 
At 26 May 2012 at 16:20 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! This design is simply sutnning, Debby! The twine finished with a nautical knot, the background you used for the ship... *gasp*

 
At 29 May 2012 at 04:05 , Blogger Marybeth said...

Even though it's not your normal, its still a very clean fresh card! I love this one. Wonder if I will ever stumble on a card you make that I don't like….:) don't think so. Beautiful!

 
At 31 May 2012 at 14:50 , Blogger Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic masculine card Debby.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home