This page has moved to a new address.

Birthday wishes

lime doodle: Birthday wishes

5 September 2010

Birthday wishes

Well, I thought I was too busy to make a card today and then I saw the colours for this weeks curtain call colour challenge #46 and my fingers were just itching to have a go, so here we are!





I loved the colours of the poppies against the white, so I used lots of white layers on this card to give it interest while still maintaining the mainly white background. I used the fabulous sweet sunday sketch SSSC84 to help me.



I am really enjoying using all the great colour combos and sketches. I'm finding they are definitely helping me to stay out of the rut of using my favourite layouts and colours again and again. The sketch this week led me to use lots of layers instead of a plain white card blank. I'm not sure if this photo shows it, but I used a tonne of dimensionals on this card!



Supplies:

Stamps - PTI beautiful blooms II, turning a new leaf, round & round
Inks - PTI sweet blush, melon berry, pure poppy, American Crafts leaf
Card - PTI sweet blush
Cuttlebug embossing folder
PTI scallop die

Debby

16 Comments:

At 5 September 2010 at 19:23 , Blogger Silke Ledlow said...

WOW this is so beautiful!!! Love all the white space and the awesome PTI goodies!!! Thank you for playing with us!!! Hugs ~S~

 
At 5 September 2010 at 19:44 , Blogger Sue Ann said...

This is FABULOUS~ i cannot believe you cut all those leaves ...... but boy does it really bring your card to a new level!!! Really so lovely!!!

 
At 5 September 2010 at 20:19 , Blogger Keva said...

Oh, so pretty! I love all of the white and then the pops of colors. Too cute!

 
At 5 September 2010 at 22:00 , Blogger Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous, I luv it...have a super day!

enjoy*~*

 
At 6 September 2010 at 00:48 , Blogger Monika/Buzsy said...

Sooo pretty! Nice use of the colors and the sketch. Those flowers are so pretty. :o)

 
At 6 September 2010 at 01:56 , Blogger Cathy Weber said...

This is a beautiful card, layered so nicely. It has such good texture with the embossing folder dots and you did such a good job cutting out those leaves.

 
At 6 September 2010 at 02:52 , Blogger Vicki Dutcher said...

WONDERFUL~~ Such a beautiful card for the Act 46!!

 
At 6 September 2010 at 04:04 , Blogger kasia c. said...

beautiful! I love the effect of all the white layering.

 
At 6 September 2010 at 04:05 , Blogger Stacey Schafer said...

so gorgeous, Debby! the white on white background is genious and makes the colors POP! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

 
At 6 September 2010 at 04:24 , Blogger Terri said...

Very nice, Love all the dimension too!

 
At 6 September 2010 at 05:13 , Blogger Erica said...

Beautiful card. I love the white with the pop of colors!

 
At 6 September 2010 at 13:18 , Blogger Adele Fowler said...

This is beautiful!! :)

 
At 7 September 2010 at 01:25 , Blogger Amy Kolling said...

I am just blown away with this card. It is absolutely beautiful.....all that cutting is amazing as is all the white space!

 
At 7 September 2010 at 11:42 , Blogger Susan (peebsmama) said...

The arrangement of your flowers is wondeful. This looks great on a white-on-white background.

 
At 8 September 2010 at 02:47 , Blogger Christina said...

This is totally gorgeous! I just love these stamps, and the way you've positioned them around the leaves really leads the eye across the card. Beautiful use of the white background and dimensionals! Thanks for playing this week!

 
At 10 September 2010 at 17:52 , Blogger Rochelle said...

This is fabulous! Love all the white and the layers!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home