This page has moved to a new address.

grim happy birthday

lime doodle: grim happy birthday

13 September 2011

grim happy birthday


I made this card on my crafty weekend away with friends. We had such a giggle over this one! Oh, but I must say that this card is for a VERY good friend who has his birthday just before Halloween! I covered the grim reaper's scythe with a birthday flag made using the Lil' Inker Designs die!


I used Chupa's sketchbook Saturdays challenge for the layout, although I simplified it a bit to fit a male recipient. Here's the sketch


I have to thank my friend Michelle for helping with this card - I was having terrible trouble with my copics bleeding over the edge of the image - my grey copics are quite juicy and new. So Michelle gave me one of her images which she'd heat embossed - result! The raised embossed edge helped to keep those juicy copics in check!

I'm going to email this one over to Paige at Create - the challenge this week is for these little toothpick type flags. Except my toothpick is a scythe handle!

Supplies:

 

Stamps - There She Goes hauntingly delightful
Inks - Versafine onyx black
Clear embossing powder
Card - Stampin' Up basic black, basic gray
Paper - Stampin' Up designer series pattern paper
Dies - Lil' Inker Designs sentimental flag, Spellbinders pinked circles, circles

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 13 September 2011 at 12:16 , Blogger Ohhh Snap said...

Such a cute card! And not something you see everyday for a birthday card :D. TFS!

 
At 13 September 2011 at 12:59 , Blogger ~amy~ said...

Such a FUN card!

 
At 13 September 2011 at 13:00 , Blogger Keva said...

Oh, boy!! This is way too cute, Debby! The coloring in the Reaper looks amazing and inlove the concept. Very cool. I bet your buddy will love it!

 
At 13 September 2011 at 13:01 , Blogger Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Fa-buh-lous! And hilarious :)

 
At 13 September 2011 at 18:15 , Blogger Sarah said...

I got such a giggle out of this card. What a fab idea!

 
At 14 September 2011 at 00:49 , Blogger Lisa Lara said...

That little banner is perfect Debby.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home