This page has moved to a new address.

I officially name 2011 the year of ....

lime doodle: I officially name 2011 the year of ....

12 March 2011

I officially name 2011 the year of ....

.... The Worm! Yep another (and my last) update on the wormy birthday. This is the card I made for my son.



I took elements from this lovely card by Jessica Witty - the cut out number and border strips along the bottom. Then added a slightly bigger version of Mr Worm with a party hat sat jauntily on his head!


Simple, colourful, cute and well received. I don't know about you, but I agonise over cards for my own family; wanting them to be perfect for the recipient. The knots we tie ourselves in for our children!

Oh and the one advantage of snow - it gives a lovely diffuse light for taking photos!

Debby

Supplies:

Stamps - PTI big birthday wishes
Inks - Versafine onyx black
Card - PTI simply chartreuse, SU real red, pumpkin pie, tempting turquoise
Paper - PTI bitty dots basic
Cricut create a critter
Dies - PTI by the numbers, banner builder (hat and trim), Spellbinders create a flake (turquoise on hat)
Stickles glitter
Googly eyes
Adhesive stones

9 Comments:

At 12 March 2011 at 13:19 , Blogger Keva said...

Aw, the last wormy card? I'm going to miss wormy! The colors, layout..it's just all so cool, Debby.

 
At 12 March 2011 at 13:30 , Blogger Lisa Voerg said...

This is so cute. I did pop in for a different worm post, but I have to say this worm puts a smile on my face every time.

 
At 12 March 2011 at 15:20 , Blogger Debbie Gaydos said...

Oh my goodness.... this is SO CUTE! I love everything about it. I don't have a Cricut, but would love to find something like that for my Pazzles... what a fun "boy" card! Thanks for the inspiration!

 
At 12 March 2011 at 17:18 , Blogger Mad for Paper said...

So cute, were gonna miss that little worm.
TFS
Ang

 
At 12 March 2011 at 18:19 , Blogger Lindsay said...

I don't think I could tire of those worms! This is boy card perfection! I love it!

 
At 12 March 2011 at 18:27 , Blogger Marisa said...

I will never look at worms the same way LOL! Seriously, you have done an amazing job using them for the birthday from stem to sterm :)

 
At 12 March 2011 at 19:15 , Blogger Jessica said...

Oh, good grief, this is possibly the cutest card I have ever seen! I could spend all day looking at your blog...

 
At 12 March 2011 at 20:13 , Blogger Margriet Tournier said...

Wow, this card is gorgeous! Wonderful colorcombi.

 
At 17 March 2011 at 14:10 , Blogger Amy Kolling said...

I love the little party hat!!! How fun to layer pattern paper under the die cut number!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home