This page has moved to a new address.

for your inspiration 28

lime doodle: for your inspiration 28

19 April 2012

for your inspiration 28

This is my second post today, please scroll down to see my CASE study card.

I'm popping in here this morning with a wonderful photo for our next For Your Inspiration challenge.



I must admit that this one had me stumped for a loooooong time! I love the orange trend which seems to be emerging at the moment, but I'm afraid I'm not a big fan of purple. However, once I'd decided to incorporate the purple as a dark card base on which to sit a white mat with splash of orange I quite liked the end result.


Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts antique engravings, Papertrey Ink pretty peonies; Ink - Versafine onyx black; Card - Stampin' Up elegant eggplant; Dies - Spellbinders circles; Markers

I combined this challenge with A Blog Named Hero's challenge to create a card with a window.


And I'm also going to pop it into the gallery for day 2 of the online card class "A Cut Above" which was to make a window card :)

Please call be these lovely ladies for more inspiration and I hope you get the chance to play along with us this week :)

Debbie
Debby - that's me!
Irena
Karen
Rochelle
Sara
Steph
Vicki

Labels:

20 Comments:

At 19 April 2012 at 12:31 , Blogger Lynn said...

Gorgeous Debby! Love all the detail on the butterfly!

 
At 19 April 2012 at 13:11 , Blogger carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely card. Love how you handled the purple. Love the butterfly in the window.

 
At 19 April 2012 at 15:30 , Blogger Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a stunning design! Love it~

 
At 19 April 2012 at 15:33 , Blogger canadian_liner said...

What a BEAUTIFUL take on that inspiration. And a second take on the butterfly stamp this week...its inspiring me to take out my stamps and look for a butterfly. I KNOW there's one in there somewhere... Happy spring!

 
At 19 April 2012 at 15:54 , Blogger Christina said...

Stunning, Debby! I love the rich colors paired with all of that white space.

 
At 19 April 2012 at 16:19 , Blogger Chari Moss said...

Wow! Beautiful butterfly! Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero.

 
At 19 April 2012 at 17:17 , Blogger Mariana said...

Gorgeous butterfly! Great card!

 
At 19 April 2012 at 17:17 , Blogger Mariana said...

Gorgeous butterfly! Great card!

 
At 19 April 2012 at 17:39 , Blogger Cassi said...

what a gorgeous butterfly, a lovely card indeed!

 
At 19 April 2012 at 18:55 , Blogger KatieTurtle said...

Clean and simple...right up my alley.

 
At 19 April 2012 at 23:00 , Blogger Michelle said...

Love the purple card base! And I love the whole card, as always, Debby! Your colouring of the butterfly is beautiful!

 
At 20 April 2012 at 00:27 , Blogger BethieJ said...

Your card is LOVELY!! That butterfly is so pretty!
Have a GREAT day!

 
At 20 April 2012 at 09:32 , Blogger Jen Adcock said...

Wowowow! So sweet! Great take on the challenge. Still trying to figure out how you did this? That flutterby is darling. So well done.

 
At 20 April 2012 at 18:51 , Blogger Sara Mac said...

Debby, as always, your interpretation of the photo is perfect. Love the simplicity you bring to each one of these challenges.

 
At 22 April 2012 at 04:18 , Blogger A Blog Named Hero said...

Clean, simple and SO elegant! I love your take on the inpsiration photo

Thank you so much for entering our Window Card Challenge!

Good Luck!

Linda

A Blog Named Hero

 
At 22 April 2012 at 05:50 , Blogger Libby Hickson said...

This is so very pretty!! Love that butterfly. Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!

 
At 23 April 2012 at 05:15 , Blogger karen h said...

As always, beautiful! Your cas style is so perfect! I love the circle negative space.

 
At 23 April 2012 at 16:24 , Blogger Wida said...

It's gorgeous!!!!!

 
At 25 April 2012 at 15:08 , Blogger Mary Dawn said...

simple and fabulous! thanks so much for playing along with our Challenge #2 at A Blog Named Hero

 
At 26 April 2012 at 01:58 , Blogger Suzanne Russell said...

I quite like the end result too, Debby! This is a stunner.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home