This page has moved to a new address.

Just because

lime doodle: Just because

6 October 2010

Just because

Julie posted 5 sketches on the Verve blog for World Card Making Day. Here's the first sketch.


I've seen quite a lot of the use of kraft, white and a pop of one colour and wanted to give it a go. So I started by embossing the flower image in black and then highlighted the centre using a white gel pen. I used two white strips down the side - one plain and one embossed to add interest. A quick bow for that pop of colour and done!




I do love using sketches to get me started and there are 4 more I haven't had a go at yet!

Debby

Supplies

Stamps - PTI friends 'til the end, round and round
Ink - Versafine onyx black
Card - PTI true black, kraft
Ribbon - PTI lemon tart
White gel pen
Embossing powder

10 Comments:

At 6 October 2010 at 10:40 , Blogger Stephanie said...

Very classy card! I love the color combination. Of course, I love anything with kraft! Great job.

 
At 6 October 2010 at 11:50 , Blogger Gayatri said...

WOW! Simple, neat and gorgeous card. love it :)

 
At 6 October 2010 at 11:58 , Blogger Keva said...

I adore this color combo and the simple beauty of this card is great. Really nice!

 
At 6 October 2010 at 13:39 , Blogger Unknown said...

stunning!

 
At 6 October 2010 at 13:50 , Blogger Kay D said...

This is simple yet stunning, very effective, and I love the colors you've chosen!

 
At 6 October 2010 at 20:13 , Blogger Jen Carter said...

Wow. Gorgeous! Stunning!

 
At 7 October 2010 at 00:46 , Blogger Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful! Clean and classy! Great job with the sketch!

 
At 7 October 2010 at 17:08 , Blogger Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a classy card! Love how the white pops against the kraft. So lovely!

 
At 7 October 2010 at 17:28 , Blogger Amy Kolling said...

Oh Debby, this is soo pretty! I love kraft and yellow together and this is just divine! Great sketch too!

 
At 8 October 2010 at 04:41 , Blogger Laurie said...

Stunning Debby! I love the pop of white in the flower! Just beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home