This page has moved to a new address.

Friend

lime doodle: Friend

24 August 2011

Friend

 

By a happy coincidence Embellish's embossed flowers colour trends challenge has overlapped with
Casual Fridays embossing challenge. So I used the colours and embossed flowers from Embellish and kept my design clean and simple for Casual Fridays!


I used my new spiral notebook page again for my focal point of a flower from Papertrey Ink's everyday classics stamped in cranberry pigment ink and then clear embossed. This was paired with the stem from flower fusion 4 which I stamped in grey. The splash of green came from some lovely peapod twine from The Twinery. All on a sahara sand card base with a bit of text paper to add interest.


The flower embossed beautifully and is such a lovely deep red. In this photo I tried to catch the light so you can see the embossing better.



I'm also going to put this in the Papercrafts gallery this month - the theme is girlfriends. And one final one, A Passion for Papertrey are having an anything goes challenge.

I think that's it for me today, but call by tomorrow for my CASE study challenge post!

Debby

Supplies:
Stamps - Papertrey Ink tags for spring, everyday classics, flower fusion 4
Inks - Colorbox cranberry, Versafine smoky gray, onyx black
Card - Papertrey Ink vintage cream, Stampin' Up sahara sand
Paper - Making Memories ledger paper pad
Die - Papertrey Ink spiral notebook page
Twine - The Twinery peapod
Embossing Powder - Filigree clear

22 Comments:

At 24 August 2011 at 11:53 , Blogger Michelle said...

This card appeals to me so much. I'm loving that little spiral notebook page. :-) The flower is gorgeous. The use of the green twine is inspired.
Michelle.

 
At 24 August 2011 at 12:24 , Blogger Shelly said...

Debby, you really really stamped that flower so well and so clear ... Not a patch of white anywhere!

I really like the striking colour :o)

Shelly

 
At 24 August 2011 at 12:32 , Blogger Aimes said...

Ooooh I like the green twine (obviously!) but the whole design is totally fabby of course! Love the way that bold flower 'pops' out from the neutral colours :)
Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

 
At 24 August 2011 at 13:19 , Blogger Heather Rogers said...

Absolutely beautiful. You have such an amazing CAS style. :)

 
At 24 August 2011 at 13:35 , Blogger Kara said...

reaaaly pretty! love how you incorporated the green!

 
At 24 August 2011 at 13:42 , Blogger Cristina said...

That flower looks amazing! I need to go hunt down this Everyday Classics set of which you speak. :) And I love the text paper.

 
At 24 August 2011 at 14:48 , Blogger Gerdine said...

Gorgeous!!

 
At 24 August 2011 at 15:31 , Blogger Michele Gross said...

This is so pretty Debby! I am so afraid of grey and you've made it look just delightful with your pops of color. Wonderful design :) Glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

 
At 24 August 2011 at 16:48 , Blogger Unknown said...

Debby this is amazing. The colors are great together and I love the layout..that touch of green on the twine is perfect.

 
At 24 August 2011 at 17:30 , Blogger Marisa said...

Love it!!

 
At 24 August 2011 at 17:39 , Blogger Emily Leiphart said...

Clean, simple and gorgeous, Debby!

 
At 24 August 2011 at 19:11 , Blogger GabrielaD said...

so pretty!

 
At 24 August 2011 at 19:35 , Blogger Nancy said...

Absolute gorgeousness. I am SO glad to have found your blog! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

 
At 24 August 2011 at 20:41 , Blogger Ida said...

Awesome CAS card. You did a great job incorporating the challenge colors. I love the "pop" created from the Red flower.

 
At 24 August 2011 at 21:37 , Blogger Lea L. said...

This is gorgeous! Totally love that big, bold flower with the subtle colors behind it!! Great job!!

 
At 25 August 2011 at 02:43 , Blogger carol (krillsister) said...

The spiral notebook die appeals to me very much (I need to get that one). Love the text behind it too. the twine with the red flower complement each other. Love the simplicity of your card.

 
At 25 August 2011 at 02:53 , Blogger Karen B. said...

A spectacular card, love the bold bloom and the touch of green twine. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

 
At 25 August 2011 at 16:20 , Blogger Laura Davis said...

Wow, stunning!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

 
At 25 August 2011 at 17:24 , Blogger Kryssi said...

Pretty! Love that bright red and the unexpected green twine! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

 
At 26 August 2011 at 21:27 , Blogger Jen Carter said...

Wow, this is fantastic! The colors are wonderful and I love that stem with that flower!!

 
At 28 August 2011 at 12:48 , Blogger Laurie said...

Wowzers! That pop of red in the flower is awesome!

 
At 29 August 2011 at 23:17 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie! I just found your blog today.... LOVE it! So happy to look at your beautiful cards for a while. Love your style. I'll be back for more! :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home